Prologue

---

Author's Note: 

So this is a new book that I have co-written with @princess178. We really wanted to try a fantasy style book. We will update Mondays (something to make your Monday even better). Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Also to recap: PLEASE KEEP READING! Chapters are fairly short and we understand the prologue has a lot crammed in, but honsetly it gets so much more exciting. I cried while writing chapter 9 (*which is published already!!!!) and we promise that as the plot develops you will be falling love with a least one character. So here it is!

---

Prologue

The Final Battle

The New World

August 19, 1847

4:52 p.m.

It had been hours since the war had broken out on the bloodied field that the six warriors stood upon. They had trained for this war their whole life, fighting in battles against the beasts and creatures that had been born from the belly of darkness, but today their adversary was like no other. Today, they were fighting Chaos himself. 

“Begin the spell, Miranda,” Jean called, holding his sword high in the air ready to attack. They  needed a few more minutes for Miranda to finish the spell, trapping Chaos forever deep within the depths of the underground, but in order for that to happen they needed to lure their enemy to the center of the field where a century old oak tree with magical properties had been burned down. 

Miranda piled the herbs and precious stones from her cloak onto the ground and held her hands over it, “I’m almost done, Jean. You better get him where I need him in 2 minutes or it won’t work!” she shouted.

Jean took a deep breath and launched himself at Chaos, but with a flick of his enemy’s hand, he fell to the ground with a grunt. He cried in agony and glanced over at the wide grin spread across Chaos' face. Jean began to feel hopeless but, he knew this was too important for him to give up. He forced himself off the ground as pain shot through his shoulder.

Andrew looked over at Jean and ran to aid him. His hands were wrapped around his leather whip. Chaos was rapidly growing in size as his power grew. He was growing stronger by the minute and they had to stop him while they still could. 

In a desperate attempt to stop him, Andrew pulled his whip around Chaos’ neck. His enemy struggled to breathe, coughing for air as Andrew tried to wrestle him to the ground. This gave Jean barely enough time to recover his stance.

Keiran stared at the scene, calling from across the field, “Watch out, Andrew in...,” he began counting down, “3... 2... 1!” He allowed his fingers to release a flaming arrow where the two wrestled. Andrew rolled away, letting the arrow fly past, piercing Chaos’ chest. Chaos screamed in fury. David, taking advantage of the distraction, cried out an ear-splitting battle cry before swinging his ax down at Chaos.

Chaos caught it a split second before any serious damage could be done and chucked it in the other direction in anger. David ran towards the remains of the oak tree where the spell needed to be made. “You better be ready, Miranda!” David yelled as Chaos followed him. 

Jean chased after them with his trusty sword held high. “Hey Chaos,” he yelled. “I hope this hurts!” he taunted, stabbing him in the shoulder. Chaos turned to Jean ignoring David. Jean smiled at the fact that Chaos was exactly where he needed him to be.

Choas advanced towards Jean. He reached to snap his neck, but he was stopped as he felt a blade to his own throat. 

"I didn't expect to see this from you, Katherine, " Chaos admitted, surprised. "You of all people."

Katherine didn't lose her concentration upon hearing those words. She whispered in his ear, "You can't play me anymore." 

Jean looked at her suspiciously. He didn't understand the meaning behind the words just exchanged. Katherine gave him a look for him to back off and he obeyed without hesitation. Jean knew Katherine was clever. She had to have a plan. 

"You don't want to do this, Katherine," Chaos muttered. She pulled the dagger away from his throat and slowly dragged it across his left cheek.

Katherine breathed softly on his neck. "You're right. I don't want to do this," she replied. Her grip faltered a little and Chaos pulled the dagger out of Katherine's grasp. He held the dagger tightly in his hand. He smirked with satisfaction. "I want to do this," she continued. She shoved him on the ground.

"I'm ready, Katherine!" Miranda called. 

"Do it now!" Katherine yelled as she ran away. Lightning struck and the sky erupted with thunder. Chaos was now surrounded by blazing flames. He began to fold into himself, becoming motionless.

"I won't forget this day, you useless fools! Mark my words, I'll come back for you, all of you."