Chapter 26

Chapter 26

When Megan awoke the next morning, she found a paper on the pillow next to her. Curiously she picked it up. Taking care not to strain too many muscles from the movement. The paper was plain and white, without any decorations or designs. It was simply folded twice.

She slowly un-wrapped the paper and stared to read what was on it.

Megan,

We are all heading back to school shortly (we wanted to stay but the parents wouldn't have it.) I'm sorry for not staying with you till you woke up. We have a lot to talk about. I will call you soon, and we will all be back next Friday. Well except for Ryan.

Hope you get better soon.

Luca

Megan frowned at the note. It just seemed so robotic, almost as if he was writing a formal letter. There was no endearment in the beginning or the end. It just had her name and his. And the writing was totally mechanical.

She recalled bits and pieces of her conversation with Luca from the night before, but if she was honest with herself, she didn't remember much.

She re-read the note, hoping to find some clues into the conversation they had the night before. As she read it for the third time, she began to blush. I'm sorry for not staying with you till you woke up. That line indicated that he had stayed with her.

She slowly turned to the pillow next to her, only to find it used. The silk cover was out of place, and she could smell Luca all over her bed. A jolt of excitement went through her.

Megan tried really hard to remember the events of last night. After reading the note she was sure that they didn't end on good terms.

Without warning drops of water flooded down her face. He addressed her as Megan, just as he kept calling her the night before. He only did that when he was angry, or upset with her. And right now, she was sure he was both.

It was her own stupid fault. Why couldn't she have just told her parents and everyone else about their relationship?

She laughed in disgust. They didn't have a relationship. He made that very clear from the beginning, and she knew him. She had known him for years. He wasn't the relationship type.

That was what confused her the most. Why did he care so much if her parents knew? He wasn't serious about her anyway. He wasn't serious about any girl, why would she be any different?

Questions flew through her head with no answers attached to them. The tears flew faster, and choked sobs filled her throat. She wanted to bring her knees up but her attempts all failed as pain shot through her every time she tried.

For the first time since it happened Megan let out the frustrated anger she had been holding in. She hated depending on others to take care of her. She hated not being able to walk to the bathroom herself. She hated that someone had to come in every hour to check on her to make sure she was still alive. She hated that she was putting her parents out by being hurt. Most of all she hated that she couldn't even cry curled up the way she wanted to because it hurt to move.

The fact that she couldn't ball up didn't stop her from crying. She pulled the blanket up to her chin and let the tears soak it up.

It was all her fault. She did this to herself. She knew that loving Luca was dangerous but she fell for him anyway. She loved him with all of her heart and soul, even knowing that he could never feel the same way.

He said he wanted to talk, and she could guess what it was about. He probably wanted to talk to her about breaking up. Well just ending things, since they were actually never together so they couldn't break up.