Chapter 7

Copyright  ©2012 MandyMuch

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 7

            Megan woke up really early the next morning; she looked at the alarm clock next to her bed and realized it was five thirty. She sighed, she wished she could sleep longer but her mind just won’t let her. She pushed off her sheets and got out of the comfort of her bed, sliding into her slippers she walked to the large window. Even through the darkness that filled the outside she could tell that the night has brought a few fresh inches of snow. She sat window sill, which had padded foam and pillows, and covered herself with a blanket. She was really tired last night, but after her conversation with Luca, her memories from that day kept replaying in her mind and she couldn’t get those images out of her head.

“So that picture?” Luca had asked.

            Megan didn’t know how to explain why that picture was up on the wall, it had horrible memories associated with it, but at the exact moment the picture was captured she actually felt happy after all that had happened. When Stacy gave her the picture she didn’t know what to do with it, something just made her put it up on her wall. Megan turned to look at the picture placed carefully between one of Stacy and Megan on an elephant, and one of Zach doing a hand stand. Anyone who wasn’t there that night wouldn’t recognize the people in the picture; the setting sun was so bright that only silhouettes were visible.

            The photo was taken the summer before her senior year of high school in Florida. The Giordanos, Kandaras and Harrisons went there for a family vacation. Vicky’s family owned a beach house there so they spent the summer relaxing and taking in all that Florida had to offer. The summer was wonderful Stacy and Megan became really close with the family that owned the house next to the Giordano’s who were locals, so they took the girls to all the upbeat places that year long residents often hung out at.

            Louis and Jeffery were twins; Louis was completely feminine from her curly golden hair to her glitter covered toes. Jeffery on the other hand was very masculine, even though he was attracted to other men; he never acted like media’s stereotypical gay man. In fact until Jeff told the girls about his sexual orientation they were completely clueless.

            Louis and Jeffery were a year older than Stacy and Megan; they were just graduated from high school and made plans to head off the New York in the fall. Louis wanted to study fashion design, and Jeff wanted to major in business.

            “What do you want to do Megs?” Jeff asked, as he drove his sister and their new friends to his cousin’s birthday party.

            “I would love to be a pediatric oncologist, I know it’s a sad job but I want to be with those kids and help them get the best treatment possible. I want to make their lives as long as possible, and as happy as possible.” She replied.

“Wow, that’s great Megs! I’m so proud of you for wanting to do that. I would never be able to study hard enough to be a doctor, and even if I could I would probably end up being a plastic surgeon or something. I can’t deal with illness and death.” Louis said.

“Well I wouldn’t be able to be a fashion designer, I don’t know the first thing about trends so props to you for wanting to do that.” Megan smiled at the blond; Louis was dressed in a long flowy light blue chiffon skirt, and a loose but short sequin top that showed off her mid section. She had her thick curly hair in a loose braid that hung to her side. She accessorized with one large black feather earring that was on the opposite side of where her braid hung, and one smaller black stud. At 5ft 10 inches she looked like she stepped out of a fashion magazine.