Chapter Fourteen (WOW:)!!)

Nialls POV

"Niall your mom was shot in the shoulder and the leg so it's nothing serious."

"Oh thank god! Have they caught the shooter?"

"I don't know. But your mom wants to see you and your dad."

"Okay. Thank you very much Dr. Pepper." I hung up and sprinted down the stairs to my dad.

"Dad! We need to go now!"

"Why?"

"Just grab the keys and drive us to the hospital!"

"Okay!"

He must've know it was something serious cause he was in the car way before me. I really need to get into shape. I jumped in the car and we sped to the hospital.

"Niall why are we going to the hospital?"

"There was a shooting where Maura worked and she was shot in the shoulder and leg. She's okay but she wants to see us."

"Oh my god! What the fuck is wrong with people?!"

"I know Dad. We live in a sick world. Lets just go see her."

We pulled up to the hospital and me and Dad jumped out of the car sprinting to the lady at the front desk. She told is the room and we ran into a bunch of people and heard curse words but we didn't care.

"Mom! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine honey. I should be out in about 3 days but I will be on crutches for a month so I will need someone to help me walk but your dad will be gone all day."

"Okay so I will need to call Greg won't I?"

"Yes."

"Okay I'm gonna go call. Love you Mom. Love you."

"Love you too sweetie."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and left her and my dad to talk. I dialed Greg's number.

"Hello."

"Hey Greg. You need to come home."

"Why? Whats wrong?"

"Mom was shot in the leg and shoulder and she'll be on crutches

while dad is at work so she needs you home."

"Alright. Well I was gonna propose to my girlfriend in 3 days but I guess that can wait. Tell Mom I'll be there tomorrow and I can't wait to see her."

"Oh I'm sorry Greg. I wish you could but it's a family crisis mate."

"It's alright. I understand. Bye Ni."

"Bye Greg."

I hung up and went back to the room. Okay! I shut the door quickly. That was a sight I didn't want to see. My parents were snogging! I walked down back outside and pulled out a cigarette and my lighter. I lit it and took a long drag. I know I shouldn't smoke but when you start you cant stop. It's an addiction.

"Niall?" Shit! I threw the cigarette to the ground and stomped on it. Fuck! That burnt like hell.

"Hey Dad. What's up?"

"Nothing we were just leaving. What did you just stomp with your foot?"

"Oh um a bug?" it came out more of a question than a statement.

"Niall lift up your foot?" I obeyed.

"Other foot." I obeyed.

"Niall! A cigarette! Really?"