Chapter 2

Hadley, 17. Co-captain of Vista Academy cheerleading team and best friends of Gianna Vesper were waiting for a man she usually sees for quite some time now. She knows she's being discreet, she was careful so that no one would even track her down.

"Hadley, my dear. Back so soon? Don't tell me you finish your stocks already. You must need money huh?" Peter, one of the alleys well-known drug pusher in the city. He works for the Martin family, Violet's adopted father.

"Ugh! Just give me the stuff so I can sell it. There's going to be a party tonight. I'm sure the guest will have fun while partying tonight," Peter laughed at this teen girl nerve. It's his first time seeing such a bold girl before.

"You're alone right?" Peter asked just to be safe. Hadley nod while waiting for the things she needs to be put inside her bag. She was looking around so that no one would spot her transaction.

Little did she knows that a group of two girls spotted her easily while they were parking their car.

"Peter, what are you doing?" Peter froze when he heard the familiar voice coming from his behind.

"Miss Violet!" Peter quickly shove the drugs into Hadley's bag and face the daughter of his boss.

"Hadley, are you okay?" Violet asked as Hadley nod her head.

"I-m fine," Hadley stuttered, obviously don't know how to react to this. She never thought that the least expected person she will ever meet will be here.

"Peter, I hope you're not doing anything that might make Tori and daddy mad at you again. Don't you feel any regret after they found out about that hidden transaction a few months ago?" Violet's sure know how to push a button or two.

Hadley knows that there's no escaping from the truth once they meet. The teenage girl sighs heavily as she places her hand on Peter's shoulder.

"She knows" Peter sigh as well before looking down on the floor.

"I've been selling drugs to teenagers in your school, Miss. Hadley's father was my regular customer until he died and Hadley has been paying his debt to me by working for me," Violet can't believe what she heard coming from Peter's mouth.

"You didn't do anything to her right? I never thought of you to be this cruel, Peter. She's a teenager for God sake. What her father did never have anything to do with her! Didn't daddy teach you all that? Should I call grandpa so he can do something to you?" Peter's eyes widen when he heard 'grandpa'.

Howell Martin, 65. He was the most feared man, still is but after he let his only son, Luca take over the family business, he decided to reside in the most remote location he owns to escape from society.

Howell never thought that his son would even bring back two most precious human being that ever happened in his life. This ex-mobster will do anything so that his granddaughters can live their life normally but it's hard to live normally when both your adopted father and grandfather are well known in the underground.

"Please miss Violet, I'll do anything. If I'm in trouble again, Sir Luca will have my head," Peter begged his lady so none of this matter even reach Luca's attention. Violet hates herself when she felt pity while trying to act tough.

"How much is Hadley's debt to you?"

"She's been working for me over a year now. So, that makes it $1,200 in debt, Miss," Violet glance up at Hadley who avoided eye contact.

"I'll pay for her debt," Peter's eyes widen.

"No miss. I will never take your money. Miss Victoria will know and I'll be dead before I could even ask for help. Let's just forget about this. Hadley, I'm sorry for forcing you to be my pawn before," Peter forcefully took his drug from Hadley's bag and leave them hastily.