.16.

It takes courage to be true.

"What is this thing?" Adrian asked with a frown.

"It's like a man...." Kate replied staring at the animal.

"No, it's more like a dog. Look at its teeth." Billy told Kate.

"But its' body is like a man and its teeth is like a dog." Billy said.

"So, is it a wolf?" Kate asked her eyes trained on its teeth.

"But there haven't been any wolves in this forest since centuries." Matthew told us.

That catches my attention. There was no presence of wolves for centuries? So how did this Mutant get here?

By the way, good job Matthew. Great researcher in Geography, I guess.

"It looks like an amalgamation between a man and a wolf." Billy said.

"This is so weird." Kate muttered. She shook her head and sat on the seat.

Joe sighed. "Look at its legs," He tells me. "They're triple jointed." I looked at the animal faking an expression of shock.

"This isn't an animal we're looking at. Animals aren't so huge and muscular." Kate trembled and rubbed her arms constantly.

"Its eyes are yellow." I added. I won't tell them what I know. They won't believe me. Nobody will believe in me.

"So we have a corpse which is a wolf and a man?" Billy asked looking at others.

"Or should we say a Werewolf?" Ged says from far.

My breath caught in my throat.

Ged was smart. Very smart. I never expected humans to be smart. So what else did Ged know?

Joe eyes narrowed slightly as he carefully picked its hand and touched the gold ring with his finger. "It was one of us." He whispered. All stooped over him, obvious surprise crossing everyone's faces. "He's wearing a ring."

"He is a human being?" Matthew asked him, shocked.

Yes. You better get used to this. There are many things you don't know.

"So does the silver bullets and a full moon comes here?" Ellen asked Joe.

"Perhaps it's a disease or a mutation." Joe said.

"Like something you catch from animals?" Kate asked her voice small.

"Something you catch from a bite." Ged completed.

My hypothesis of it being an animal is not valid anymore so the conclusion is that it's a Mutant, since Mutants have golden yellow eyes. Mutants can't be conceived from another Mutant. They are created.

The most important question is that who created these Mutants and how did they exist in the Thornton London?

Supernaturals only exist in Neverland.

Adrian and Joe placed a huge navy blue cloth on the Mutant. "You all were probably too young to remember the Thornton Forest rail crash of 1963." Ged tells us. "The late night express came off the tracks somewhere near here."

Behind Ged, Adrian cleans up the seat with a paper towel and carefully listens to his story. "When the emergency services got to them, there was no one left to save. All sorts of tales were told about what they found. There were bodies half-eaten by animals and some.... just gone. They never knew what happened. I never gave it much thought after that until tonight."

"So this has happened before?" Adrian straightens up in his seat.

That night my parents were on the train. So did that mean.....