.5.

"Remember the time you thought you never could survive?You did, and you can do it again."

I don't know why things go in a mess when you're too busy trying to make things good.

"Is this the correct time to call me?" I seethe on the phone. My eyes give a purple glow in the glass reflection of the Alpha Trax train. Good thing Grandma and Myrel weren't with me; the phone would've been snatched from my ear.

"I'm sorry for what happened in school." She says, her voice filled with guilt.

I huffed and rolled my eyes at her "After all these months you thought of calling me?" I shout on the phone making people look at me.

But I didn't care. "Where you all these days and how did you get my number?"

"Shona, look I'm sorry-"

"Shut up and go to hell Jacinta!" I was going to end the call but I hear her pleading voice, "Wait....."

"Do you want to make peace huh? What happened to 'friends travel together', 'We're BFFs' and all that madness?." My voice was shrieking. "You weren't there when I needed you. You didn't even call me to see whether I was okay."

"Hey what makes you say that?" she said her voice quivering.

"Don't you dare raise your voice!" I said gritting my teeth. "You think you're right? Raising your voice clearly shows that you're at fault and you can't bear to take the blame. I've made a huge mistake being your friend, you scum bag. You're just like that scum bag 'cheerleader' of our class. Now get lost and don't call me on this number again." I said and ended the call.

I noticed the elderly couple waving at me inside the train. I put my phone in my pocket and jogged towards the door of the other train. I was about to board the train and I saw the same young man talking to a train driver outside his cabin.

"You should board the train now." I heard an old woman say in front of me. I glanced at her and saw that she was pointing out the time on the digital clock. "There are five minutes left for the train to leave."

"But I don't know where is my seat." I said with a frown.

"Don't worry, I will show you." she said with a warm smile.

Five minutes later, the train honk made me open my eyes. I look out of the window and noticed that the train was leaving London Waterloo station. Turning to the front, I noticed another passenger with earphones seated diagonally from me.

She taps her phone screen and bobs her head singing to a song. I immediately recognized her. It was none other than Nina. She and I always had to meet no matter how much I tried to avoid her. I sighed and looked at the empty seats in front of me. I need to pretend that she didn't exist.