.3.

Wise people are not always silent, but they know when to be.

I reached the station in fifteen minutes. Throughout the ride, my heart blood was pumping in my ears, scared that I would miss the train. When the taxi reached the station, I handed him the money and jumped out of the cab. I looked at the station clock. My mouth turned dry-- 22:45. The train is leaving at 23:00 hours!

Fate seemed to be cruel as I searched for the train like a lost child looking out for its mother. The station was packed with people and I was like a fish squeezed in a can of sardines. How would I search this train in fifteen minutes when I had no idea where this train was? But that was not all.

I haven't traveled by a train. Since that incident, Grandma has never allowed me to travel by train. She hated the 23:00 hour. No matter how many times I asked her what the reason was, she never told me.

I searched for the signboards displaying the train name 'Alpha Trax red eye', which would leave London Waterloo at 23:00 hours. But damn it, there wasn't a single train bearing that name. All the signboards were displaying the names of other trains with different routes.

With trembling hands, I fished out my ticket to check the name of the train and looked back at the display board. Maybe I wasn't checking the electronic display boards correctly. But no, there wasn't any schedule for this train.

Sweat began to from on my brow and anxiety crept in my gut. "I can't miss this train. I can't miss this train" I moved further along the platforms numbers to search the train. Running around, I dodged people, careful not to knock them. Anxiety made my beast to control my mind. If I didn't think straight, I would shift making me receive undue attention, which I've to be careful every time I'm around humans.

"Come on, show up." I say irritated, clutching the ticket in my fist as I scan the trains. My hands were quite tiny despite my age; but the dexterity we wolves possessed, was far way better than chimpanzees.

A train's honk made me jump. May be it was the train from Platform 2 leaving the station. I looked at my watch and gulped-23:00 hours. Was this the Alpha Trax train? My heart jumped in my throat as I see the signboard on the driver's cabin- 'ALPHA TRAX RED EYE ....' I'm immediately on my feet. I dodge several passengers on the platform and run towards the doors of the train.

No no no no! I can't miss the train. My hand was a couple of inches away to grip the door handle. I grab the left door handle and pull myself to the step. But I slipped and fell on the cemented platform, hitting my head.

Pains shoots in my head. But I don't care about it. I looked at the speeding train.

The train is moving out of the station.

Damn, I missed the train.

Sighing deeply, I slumped dejectedly on the chairs in the waiting area of the station. I bury my face in my hands unsure of what to do. I've missed my train and Myrel would be mad. Now she would lecture me on punctuality and responsibility. She could've at least text me how to find the train. But no, she was expecting me to call her up and ask her how to do it.