.9.

"In childhood I was afraid of ghosts. When I grew up, I realized humans are scarier than ghosts."

Joe opened the train door and stepped on the gravel. He held his flashlight in the other hand and waited for the passengers to get down. "Move over!" he said. I stood last in the queue, afraid that someone would step on my foot and I would yelp. I hate to stand in queues.

Blonde boy gets down second, followed by Nina. I watched them slowly walk down the gravel path, not caring to wait for others. Nina was constantly looking ahead and behind her, expecting something to pounce on her.

"Please, ma'am, sir." Joe says at the door. "Start a queue from there. Don't venture any further. Please."   They wait near the door of the second compartment, watching the remaining passengers descend from the train. "Do you want a hand?" He politely asked the white- sleeved woman.

"I'll hold your arm." She says grabbing his arm and gets down from the train. When she goes to join Nina and the blonde boy, I recognized her. She was the same woman who I had bumped in at the train station.

"Come on." He tells the next passenger.

The rich guy was talking with the old woman. He tells the old woman that he was next.

The old woman shakes her head and smiles. "No. Not a problem."

He smiles like a person with hidden intention. My blood was boiling with anger and I resisted myself to punch him in the face. He hopped down the train. Rather than walking ahead to join the others, he watched the others descend the train. I clenched my teeth in anger.

"A bit of drop I suppose?" The spectacles boy asked Joe, frowning at the gravel.

"You'll be alright." Joe assures him.

He jumped down quickly and his right leg slipped. "Oh." He winced.

"Perhaps you won't." The rich man said chuckling.

Joe steadied him. "Are you okay?"

"I think so." He says, his voice strained. He mumbled a thank you and joined the others.

"Keep going down." Joe tells them coolly.

Three more to go.

"Here let me help." The rich man said making me roll my eyes at him. Creep. He held her by the waist and gracefully set her down on the gravel.

Behind her was the tea-trolley girl who he was fond of. He stared at her like some animal. My jaw was ticking at his gross intentions. "Last but not the least." He says offering her his hand and brought her on the ground like the passenger. I saw Joe staring at him for being extra helpful to the girl.

"Thank you." she smiles. When she walked away he trailed behind her like a hungry dog.

The old man gulped nervously and he debated how to get down. He was shaking and pursed his lips.

"Sir, give me your hand." Joe said sensing his discomfort. He extended his hand towards him. The old man looked towards him and slowly held his hand. He stared at the gravel, afraid that he would fall. "Sir, take your time." He held the door handle and slowly descended the train. "Ah. There we go."