.10.

"We all have an unexpected reserve of strength inside us that emerges when life puts us to the test."

The moment the howls began to emerge in the forest, I realized that we were not alone. I was standing a couple of feet away from the passengers, near the train door, waiting for Joe to open the door. My heart rate accelerated and my eyes kept shifting to the animal that was howling in the forest.

Questions were welled in my mind. Did the animal see us? What did Joe see in the forest that he told us to run back to the train? What is that animal chasing us? One thing was certain. The animal wasn't a Rogue from our Werewolf fraternity. Grandma and Myrel would never risk showing their identity to the Humans. And after the mess I did at school, she would think hundred times before sending Rogues to find me.

I'm not a kid. I can take care of myself.

The passengers huddled around Joe, poking their heads over his shoulder.

"Where's the key?" The rich man asked Joe frantically. Joe was frantically searching through the bunch of keys in the dim light. He squinted for the correct key in the dark.

"I'm trying. I'm trying. Just......." he trailed.

"Joe, faster please!" Ellen said panicking.

"Come on!" Nina said pulling at his shirt.

"Can't you wait?.... Miss?" He said scolding her.

A couple of seconds later, the spectacled boy rejoyced. "He's got it! Someone shine the flashlight on the keyhole."

Billy stepped ahead of the passengers and held the flashlight for Joe. Joe glanced at him and nervously placed the key in its hole, opening the door. Adrian jumped in first and stood at the other side of the door.

"Get in! Quick!" He told the passengers. Kate, Nina and Billy got in the train. I followed after them. However, Joe stood outside the door, waiting for the elderly couple to get inside the train.

"What the hell are you doing!" Kate asks him her eyes wide. "Get in!"

But Joe wasn't looking at her.

"Joe come on!" Ellen urged him.

My feet began to get cold as I watched the elderly couple who were staggering at the driver's cabin. I was scared that they would not be able to make it.

"For heaven's sakes get inside man!" The spectacled boy yelled at him.

Joe constantly pressed the on-off button of the flashlight to indicate the couple the door of the train.

"Joe, I'm begging you. Please get in." Ellen was almost close to tears. Ged was almost limping as his wife held him at the shoulders. Together they quickly crossed the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh compartment of the train.

"Faster!" Joe told them.

As I watching them quickly cross the ninth compartment a black apparition appeared in the fog. My breath hitched in my throat as I saw something emerge from the left of the forest towards the driver's cabin. It was tall like a man and had yellow eyes shining in the dark.

Immediately I knew this was not an animal we are afraid of. This was different. I had seen something like this somewhere. But where? That I couldn't tell.

"Just leave them and close the freaking door!" The rich man told Joe.

"Yeah. Let's go, come on!" Nina said.