Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

(Xavier's POV)

The room was deathly silent. My heart was pounding and my lungs wre full but I felt light. Like a burdern has been lifted off of me. I felt free.

Commotion started to erupt from around the room, people started yelling but I was in a trance like sate. The terrible interviewer was ushered out of the room and the door was closed leaving me in here with my manager and two of his second in command. I was in so much troublr but the thing was I didn't care. Especially now that it was out in the open.

Three of them, the people who controlled my life, stood in front of me. All of them with angry eyes. Angry at me. But I didn't care. Why should I care?! It's my life. My choices and it cost Annabelle to see that.

Anabelle.

Thinking of her turned me into a tornado. A storm full of emotions. I didn't think it was humanly possible to feel so many things for one person. I was a mess. And it was all her fault.

They were talking to me but I couldn't hear them. They all looked the same; black suits, straight faces.

But I was free.

I was staring at them. One's face was red in anger. One was shooting arrows at me through her eyes. The other was tearing his hair out.

They kept shouting. I kept staring.

"Enough!" A deep voice bellowed out from behind the cameras. And I was suddenly lifted out of the trance I was sinking in.

Dad.

He looked angry, tired, confused.

"Xavier, tell me what's going on."

And I did. I told him everything. From my clone to their threats, the lies. Everything.

The three of them stod there. But they were no longer angry. But scared. Fear lining their eye. I didn't care.

I lost Annabelle.

Annabelle.

Then my dad said the greatest thing said all day, "You're fired. All of you."

And they disappeared.

My dad looked at me, really looked at me.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you."

I smiled, "It's ok dad, I'm free."

He hugged me. He hasn't hugged me since mum's funeral.

"Dad," I murmured.

"Yeah, Xav?"

My music. Annabelle's words replayed in my head.

Annabelle.

"The demo CD you found on your desk. It was mine. All of it's mine, my real music.

He smiled then, a big loving and caring and proud one.

"I knew you weren't someone for autotune or to have irrelevent songs."

I nodded, nervous.

"I want to see some more of your stuff Xav. This is real art. This is what I wanted and created Golden Records originally for. For art, for music. Not money, or fame but for art. Like the works your mother created."

I smiled thinking of my mum. She was the greatest singer and musician I have ever known.

Damage control. I was being hidden away from the public for a week. No interviews, no shows, no signings or promotions. And most important no social media. Not even a tweet.