Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6 

Twenty five girls were soon packed into three big black limos which cruised the streets of California.

They would be filming us all day although Xavier wasn't here with us. Soon we met up in the square where Elliot talked the cameras and handed every girl an envelope full of cash. Then we split off into groups with a camera guy following us. I was glad to see we had Jono with us.

I followed Taliah and Rose to a nearby dance shop and Rose bought a new leotard and Pointe shoes. I then dragged them out to find a few thrift shops by the corner inside I bought a few new dresses along with some shorts and T-shirts all under a hundred dollars!! And I even found some vintage CD's I'd listen to later.

I visited the other op shops and bought a lot more clothes so my walk in wardrobe would fill up. Having $250 left I blew it off buying a whole load of books and vinyl's as well as food.

I was sitting at McDonald's when a group of three thirteen year old girls came up to us.

One of them shyly asked, "Are you guys from the show?"

Rose answered grinning, "Yeah we are sweetie."

Another one asked quietly, "Could we have your autographs?"

They held out some napkins which we all signed and gave back to them then one looked at me and grinned,

"I watch your videos on Youtube! You're such a good singer and you're going to be famous one day!"

I smiled at her and gave her a hug, "Thank you sweetie that means a lot."

Soon all of them ran off giggling as we finished up eating. Jono grinned at us, "I got that on camera," He sang.

It took five hours for everyone to meet back at the square and every girl was holding at least ten bags. I saw Lindsay and her friends carrying Prada, Gucci and any other designer label bags.

We got back into the limos and drove back to the mansion. The three of us took the lift to our floor and I went to my room to pack my clothes away. I had found some Converses and Vans at the op shop and even some simple black pumps.

When I finished with nothing to do I left my room and sat at the baby grand piano. Holding both pedals down, to make it not so loud and the sustain pedal, I played quietly When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus.

I gently sing the words quietly as my fingers brush over the keys. When I finish I hear someone behind me clapping. I jump and turn around and see Xavier behind me grinning.

"You have a great voice," he says kindly.

My cheeks heat up as I look down and mumble a thank you. I feel him sit down next to me on the stool and his fingers run up and down the piano. Before I realise he's playing another song without any words. A recognized it as River flows in you by Yiruma.

When he finishes I look at him shocked, "I didn't know you could play?" I say, surprised.

He shrugged, "There's not much piano in my songs."

I could see something in his eyes but I wasn't sure. Some sort of desire. Not a lustful desire or any type of desire to do with me but a distant one likes he want to be understood.

"I heard your cover of my song," He said.

The surprise is evident on my face as he chuckles, "It's really good; in fact, I like it better than the original."

I look confused, "What, it's your song."

He shrugs, "Not really, once I showed the producers the song they changed it completely from what I wanted it to be. In fact, your version is more close to how I wanted it to be."

"Well, how did you want yours?"

He grins at me and literally pushes me off the piano stool.

"Hey!" I cry. He just laughs at me before moving to the centre of the school. Then he brushes over the piano and soon a slow version of Big Lights is being played similar to mine. And he sings in a close tune to what I did but it's still different and incredibly better.

But the thing which shocked me the most was his voice. When it was stripped down and raw in all it's glory. He didn't need auto tune or any of the big beats. His music should just be him and his instrument and if needed the instruments in the background.

When he finishes he looks at me as if looking for some sort of approval.

"That was incredible!" I finally manage to get out and he grins shyly.

"Why don't you do more songs like that? If you did I would definitely be a die-hard fan."

He shrugs and finally mutters, "My dad."

I was about to say something when his phone buzzed. Then he turned to me, frowning, after reading the text message and said, "I have to go, thanks for listening, Annie."

I say a quick goodbye and he hurries off to wherever he came from.

Thursday comes around without any drama and all of us were led out into the garden where we saw a big obstacle covered in mud!?

The cameras were rolling and filming our reaction to the huge site in front of us. There was a balancing beam covered in mud, a flying fox where pumps stood next to and squirted mud. You then landed in a waist high pit which, full of mud, which you had to walk through before reaching the end.

"Welcome ladies, this is the second challenge of The Search for Cinderella. This challenge tonight is the Academic Challenge!"

A/N: Sorry this chapter was short. Hopefully next chapter will make up for it. Please please please fan vote and comment xx

Question of the update: Who is your favourite character so far and why? (As usual, most creative answer gets a dedication x