Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8 

We were getting ready just before the Eliminations and Jo and I were in one of the dressing rooms. Lindsay was having a fit on the other side of the room with her stylist but all was doing was sitting calmly in my chair with headphones while Jo did her magic. She was doing my hair at the moment and she had put my dark hair up in a high ponytail with messy stands framing around my face. It was done up nice and tight but then she curled my long hair in the pony tail and spraying it with a little bit of sparkly hairspray.

I watched as she did my make up, picking up tips if I ever need to do it in the future.

She started off with concealer and then some powder foundation which matched my skin shade. Then she outlined my eyes lightly with black eye-liner and coated my eyes with mascara.

She covered my lips with dark lipstick a purply red which surprisingly looked nice and finished my eyes off with golden eye shadow.

Finally it was time to put on my outfit. I think Jo was trying a vintage appeal tonight as I had black wool knitted shirt with short sleeves and a highish neckline. Then I had a vintage dark purple chequered skirt (flannelette styles) which was high waisted and flared. I tucked my shirt in and surprisingly I actually looked nice. The clothes showed off my figure but were still modest and my legs were thankfully waxed and moisturised as I slipped my feet into black shiny pumps with straps around the ankle.

I walked out and Jo grinned when she saw me and made me twirl for her. In an every posh fake British accent she said, "Darling, you look fabulous."

I giggled and gave her a hug, "Thank you so much Jo."

"No worries, pretty. You're gorgeous and fun to work with."

I carefully kissed her on the cheek with my lipstick stained lips and was soon led outside when I saw Rose looking gorgeous as ever. Her normally frizzy hair was braided down her back and she was in a dark red dress with a straight neckline and tight bodice until it came out a little bit at the waist and fell a couple inches above her knees and her long legs were showed off in her dark red pumps.

"Girl, you look gorgeous," I said in a Valley girl voice.

She stuck her tongue out at me.

Finally we made our way to the elimination room. I saw Xavier to the side surrounded with security guard. He looked up when he saw the girls entering and caught my eye. He grinned at me and gave me a wink which annoyingly made my heart flutter for a second.

Soon the usual, now annoying, theme tune to Search for Cinderella opened up the show and Elliot welcomed everyone. We started playing some footage of the Academic Obstacle Course but only little bits as the whole challenge had featured in one full episode. Then after a break they played footage from the past week of us girls in our spare time. Some of them went shopping while others went to the beach. Someone, Lindsay, went to the extreme and brought her camera guy to her mansion in the Valley and gave them a tour but I reckon we only saw a fiftieth of it as it was cut short. I saw Rose and her dancing at the library which was really good and her playing with the puppies at the pet shop.

Only half of the footage was played but the first set of eliminations after the break was set.

When the show came back on air Xavier was standing ready with a tray of roses.

Before he approached any girl Elliot made an announcement, "Now during the week one of these lucky girls were given immunity to stay another week for winning a challenge. As all of you know, Annabelle Kennedy will be staying positively for another week. Another chance to win Xavier's heart."