Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

Getting woken up in the morning is never a good thing, especially at 7am in the morning. Especially when you've only gotten six hours sleep. Trust me, I need at least 8.

But before I could have a diva spaz attack at Rose, who dared interrupted my slumber she chuck various clothing articles at my head and ran out of my room yelling, "Quick it's an emergency!!"

Thinking there was like a fire or a break in I jump out and pull on the black leggings and Sleeping with Sirens hoodie over my head and grabbing the closest shoes next to me. Black gumboots.

I ran out of the room and rammed into her before she dragged me to the elevator.

"Holy crap Rose! What's happening?!"

"Shhh," She shushed me before we got in the elevator and the doors closed.

"Why are we sneaking out of the mansion at seven in the morning?!"

"I got my period and need to buy some pads."

I stare at her. I just keep staring at her. To make her uncomfortable.

"You woke me up at this time to go get pads."

She nodded sheepishly.

I throw my hands up in exasperation, "I thought there was a fire or something you idiot!" She laughs at me as we quickly run.

I was going to hit her. Looking into the elevators mirror my bed hair was quite intense as I shoved into a bun on the top of my head. Soon we were running down the massive driveway while Rose kept screaming about her uterus.

Yeah.

We got to the main town and slipped into the morning rush of people. Black vans were parked in various places and I remembered I was in LA, there was paparazzi everywhere.

Rose found a Coles super market where she could purchase her lady products from. I was planning to sit outside in the morning sun but of course Rose had other ideas. I was dragged into the air conditioned building out of California's humidity. We walked along the aisles.

Toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, oh look; pads.

Rose grabbed about ten packets 'just in case'.

Instead of going straight to the counter she insisted on buying more stuff so we raided the confectionary aisle grabbing Freddo frogs, gummy bears, sourpatch kids, starbursts and everything else in between while dancing to Beyonce's Love On Top, which was playing on the speakers.

Sometimes I wish I was as cool as Beyonce. Like she's just this other level of coolness which basically no one could ever reach. Ever.

I bought some more blank CD's which I could burn some of my songs on to and make some playlists. I was looking for avocadoes when a familiar song started playing. One of my favourite songs.

One of Xavier's songs.

They were airing them already?! His rich tone filled the supermarket as the gentle instruments in the background surrounded him, the main melody capturing everyone's attention.

As I walked around I saw people really listen in to the powerful lyrics Xavier had written. As I followed Rose to the check out with three avocadoes in my hand the DJ of the radio station came back on and announced, "That, everyone, is a new song called Dying Fire. No one knows who sings the song but it was released by Mr. Matthews of the Golden Record Label this morning. Rumour is that Mr. Matthews is looking for the person behind the song who anonymously left it behind..."