Chapter 17

Chapter 17 (FINISHED EDITING)

I was going back home, back to Maine. And I couldn't wait.

We were only allowed to bring one suitcase for the week so Rose, Talia and I were in our rooms furiously trying to finish packing.

The plan was for the Top Ten Girls left to go back to our homes with one camera man, so that the rest of America would be able to see what our lives were like before the show and how we interact with family and friends.

I was so excited to go back and finally see Lilly, and Josh and Sophia! I hadn't skyped with them in a while because I had been caught up in the whole Xavier thing.

We had a total of seven days back at home.

Monday morning, 8 am. I was waiting for my plane with Rose, as she lived in New Jersey. I was feeling really fidgety, I really couldn't sit still. Rose was grinning as I knew she really missed her family, of nine flipping people! Her mum, dad and then six other siblings!

Jono was fiddling with his camera equipment and Charlie was observing him. Jono was coming with me (fortunately) to be my cameraman for the week while Charlie was going with Rose, what a coincidence.

Our plane was called and we rushed on board, eager to go home. I love planes, this was probably the second time I've ever been on them but I found them so much fun. We took off, leaving warm and sunny California behind.

The moment I stepped off the plane I knew I was home. There were clouds in the sky, some tinged with grey and the temperature had dropped a few degrees.

Finding my way out of the airport, it wasn't long till I was captured into a massive bear hug, small arms wrapped around my waist.

"I missed you so much Annie!" My little sister cried excitedly. Her hair smelt like apple shampoo and I noticed she was wearing one of my old dresses which hung over her small frame. I chuckled, "I missed you to Soph."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jono recording every moment, especially when Josh came over to give me a big hug and Aunt Rose as well. Soon, my guitar and suit case was put into the back of Aunt Rose's pick up truck and we drove back to my humble abode.

Jono taped some footage on the way back to the house but it was pretty chilled although he did get a clip of Sophia fangirling over Xavier.

"Oh my gosh, you met Xavier Matthews! Oh my gosh you're friends with Xavier Matthews!" She gushed which made Jono laugh.

Soon we arrived at home, your typical standard American house. Our house was in a nice suburb and we had great neighbours compared to some people. We had a one story house, with a small veranda out the front with pot plants and ivy growing over the railings. An Autumn Tree was in the center of our yard covering the lawn in colourful leaves along with hedges along the sides giving us privacy.

Except there was people littering all over the front lawn. People I knew from school; both people I knew and didn't know, majority of them were just people I passed in the hallways and some were from out of school as well but all of them were holding up a giant banner which said in bold neat black spray painting 'Welcome home Princess Belle!'

I had a small feeling Sophia had decided what was going to be painted on it.

I laughed as some random, but cute, guy from school came and opened the door for me, like a chauffeur, and bowed, holding my hand as I stepped down.

As soon as I stepped down Lilly engulfed me into a massive hug, "I've missed you so flipping much! Like I was dying at school without you! I miss you!"