Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

Annabelle.

The show was back on. Well eventually. Xavier's next date was tomorrow night with Rose and apparentley the rumour was he was taking her to the ballet. I was the last on this list and I was glad for this wanting to put this off for as long as possble.

He's been in lockdown for a week and I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. Rose was ecstatic for the date though. Not necessarily for the date but more particulary for the ballet itself. She kept flying in and out of my room asking what she would wear, although her stylist would choose her clothes, justin case her favourite ballerina saw her from the stage.

I was in my room trying to cover another song. I was wearing black leggings and my dads old Beatles T-shirt with rolled sleeves. And purple fuzzy bed socks over the top. You can't forget the bed socks. My hair was fastened in a high pony tail with a good old scrunchie and my favourite perscription thick framed glasses sat over my nose.

Pfff, I was going for the nerd look on purpose.

My eyesight was tempermental. Sometimes I'm fine, sometimes I'm looking out a tempered glass window. Apparently I needed glasses and I cried.

My Youtube channel had gotten a lot more popular since being on the show. Like a lot more popular. The really cool thing was that a few recording companies, major ones like Sony Music and Warner Brothers Music had contacted me regarding being signed to their label, after hearing my work of course. I was so excited but for now I kept my options opened. I mean my dream was to be signed to Golden Records as they were my dream label. Ever since I was little. Majority of my favourite artists and bands came from Golden Records.

And a lot more people were demanding more covers and to update more frequently. So I was on Ultimate Guitar figuring out how to play Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. I was halfway thrrough when somebody knocked on my door.

It couldn't be Rose because she barges straight in so I expected it to be Taliah. But I did not expect it to be Xavier.

I almost slammed the door in his face as a flood of emotions tumbled on top of me like a tsunami wave. Hurt, Anger, Regret.

He gave me those stupid pleading eyes which begged me to listen to him. Be strong Annabelle. Be strong. Resist the stupid boy with stupid beautiful eyes.

Remember what he did.

But what about what I did.

God, I hate having a damn conscious. It bloody guilts trip every single dang time about everything.

"Hi." I said. I was glad I sounded somewhat normal. Not that his very presence affected me at all. He took in my strange appearance before saying, "Can I talk to you, in the music room?"

Is he kidding me. This boy is more bi polar than the weather in Australia. And that is saying something. My cousin told me.

"I know I'm proably the last person you want to see and I understand that you most likely hate me but please let me talk to you in rhe music room. Please."

I nodded. Dumbly. God, I'm such a pushover. I followed him while playing with my hands nervously. Hoping he doesn't hate me.

Soon we were in the room I had come to miss and we both stood there awkwardly for a moment before he spoke.

"I'm so sorry Belle," he spoke softly, "I'm so sorry."

Belle.

"I'm so sorry for the way I treated, for yelling and blaming you. I have no excuse for what happened except that I am an idiot." He paced the floor while he spoke, slightly out of breath. He looked nervous, "And I really hope you can forgive me because I don't know what I'll do without you."