Chapter 14: Hey Mum

La la la. Skinny love

Blake woke up the next morning to the sound of an alarm. She was incredibly tired. She had stayed up late since Zayn was over and after he had left, she had been up even longer, just thinking about everything. She had to wake up early because she would be meeting her mother today. She groaned, forcing her eyes open and reaching for the phone to turnt the alarm off. She rolled out of bed and looking at the clock, realized she would have to get ready quickly if she wanted to be on time. She took a quick shower and then got dressed. She pulled on a pleated, sleeveless blouse and tucked it into a black skater skirt that almost reached her knees. She did her makeup and hair, pulling her blonde locks into a high and loose ponytail. She picked up her phone and sighed as she looked at the time. She was going to be late if she didn't get a move on. She picked up her bag and rushed out the door. She got to the lobby and sat down in a chair, phone in hand, waiting for her ride to arrive. As she waited, she checked twitter on her mobile.

She saw that Zayn had retweeted the tweet declaring her love for him and suddenly she had loads more followers. People were tweeting at her. Some were asking if she was the girl that was in all of those recent pictures with Zayn. Others asked if she was dating Zayn. Then there were those that were telling her to die, as was expected. She rolled her eyes, tucking away her phone and leaning back in her chair. She didn't have to wait much longer for her ride.

A guy with messy caramel brown hair stepped up to Blake and she smiled in disbelief at him, jumping up to greet him with a hug. "Brad?" she asked and he nodded, grinning as he looked down at her. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm your ride?" he answered, not entirely understanding the question.

"Well, obviously, but I thought you were in Australia."

"Oh," he said quietly. "Well, your dad wanted to have a word with me in person, so here I am. Your mum figured you'd be happy to see me."

"Well, she was right about that."

"Right about something for once, right?" he joked and Blake laughed obediently. "So shall we go? We wouldn't want to keep your mother waiting."

Blake nodded in agreement. "No, we wouldn't."

They headed out to his car and drove off. "So I hear you're training Simon's new boys," he commented.

Blake groaned. "Yes."

"As in those sorry excuses for spies?"

Blake nodded. "As ridiculous as it seems." Brad laughed.

"I can understand your frustration. So how terrible are they?"

"I don't really know yet. We haven't started training yet." Brad raised his eyebrows at this and she explained. "Dad thought we should have a week off to get to know each other and settle into our covers."

"That definitely sounds like your dad," Brad consented, forcing himself not laugh at his friend's situation.

"But I can imagine how bad they'll be," Blake stiffled a laugh. "I mean, you should see them. I swear, Niall has chicken legs. And they're all so ignorant of everything. It's almost kind of sad. Like, just the other day Harry asked me what the point of a cover is. But it makes sense though, considering they don't have covers. But it's just hilarious the stuff they don't know. Sometimes, I have to remember not to laugh."

"And how exactly do you stop yourself from laughing?"

"I remember that I'm the one that's going to have to change all that."

Brad chuckled. "I bet that's enough to shut you up."

"That's definitely enough to shut me up."

"I can imagine. Good luck with that, by the way! I tried to talk your dad out of it, saying I would take it and that you were really looking forward to Australia but he wasn't listening. He was convinced this would be good for you. Not really sure how, but it's a challenge. And we all know how much he loves to challenge you." Blake nodded, sighing as she looked out the window.