Chapter 6: Catch Me

Here's Chapter 6. Enjoy :) Lots of cuteness!!! Catch Me by Demi Lovato is on the side. Oh, and there's a picture of Zayn in glasses because he is cute as heck in glasses. :)

By the time they finished dinner, plenty of people knew where they were. In fact, there was a small crowd of people gathered around waiting for them. So Blake was rather shocked when she stepped out the door to see a load of cameras pointing at her. It was attention, unwanted attention. The kind of attention a spy did not want. Another reason to hate this job.

She glanced nervously down at her outfit, hoping it was acceptable. She wore a pair of faded skinny jeans and a light pink sweater with the sleeves rolled up. She had on her pair of pink low rise converse. She raised a hand to her hair to guarantee that it still looked okay. Her blonde wavy hair was down, but not a total mess. She smiled in satisfaction.

As the crowd started to panic, recognizing the group of people before them, Zayn grabbed a hold of her hand protectively, much like Liam and Louis did with Danielle and Eleanor. He smiled at her reassuringly as she glanced once more at the cameras. "Relax," he commanded. "Just pretend they aren't even there." Blake smiled back nervously, finding it a bit difficult to ignore the crowd but still managing to do so somewhat.

It had stopped raining, but the ground was still wet and slippery from earlier. Suddenly, Blake had an idea. "Catch me," she hissed at Zayn.

"What?" Zayn began to say but before he could finish his question, Blake was falling. It appeared to everyone else like she had slipped on the wet pavement, tripping over her own feet. Zayn reached out a hand, catching her in his arms as she had commanded. The cameras went wild, taking pictures of the pair as they smiled at each other. "Clumsy much?" Zayn joked.

She stared at him. "Quick reflexes," she murmured to herself.

"Sorry, what was that?" Zayn asked, as he pulled her to her feet.

"Nothing," she answered quickly. "Just, umm, you catch on fast. Erm, nice catch," she told him awkwardly. He laughed at her nervous antics before grabbing a hold of her hand and pulling her along, away from the cameras and to the car. As they kept walking, he turned to her.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" he accused, eyeing Blake curiously. Blake's eyes widened.

"Nope," she said quickly, grinning widely. That was all the answer Zayn needed. She pulled away from him, walking away from him and the car, where everyone else was waiting.

"Hey! Where're you going?" Zayn called. Blake stopped for a moment to look back at him.

"My hotel. It's just down the street."

"Well, I'll go with you." Zayn picked up speed, running to her side. He waved to the others, signaling for them to go on without him. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, they heard a shout.

They whipped around to see Louis popping up through the sunroof of the car. "Bye!" He yelled obnoxiously. "Be safe! Don't get too crazy. We'll miss you. Have-" Before he could finish, someone pulled him down. Eleanor's head popped out for a moment.

"Sorry about that," she called, sending a pointed look down at Louis. She smiled at Zayn and Blake. "Have fun! See you around." She sunk back into the car.

Blake and Zayn watched them drive away before looking to each other. They smiled at each other nervously before starting to laugh. Zayn reached for her hand but Blake pulled away. Zayn looked slightly hurt before shrugging it off, stuffing his hands in his jacket pockets.

"So..." Blake said awkwardly, dragging the syllable out. "What are we- umm, doing tomorrow?" She coughed. Inside her head, she was fighting to control herself, to continue to play this shy lovesick girl.

"Oh, we're just, umm, we have rehearsal tomorrow to get ready for the tour and whatever."

"Oh," Blake said, looking slightly upset.

"But you can come," Zayn rushed to add. "I mean, you have to, you have to come. Well, I'm not saying you have to come. Lou says you have to. She wants to meet you and everything. Not that I don't want you to come, I'm justing saying you- uhh- have to. I mean, I hope you want to come too, but, I, erm, yeah..." He rambled. Blake laughed. Why was he acting like this anyway? There wasn't anybody around or anything. He didn't need to act. She shrugged it off, assuming that he was just trying to get all the practice he could.

"Sounds good," she replied. "So, America, ever thought you'd end up this far? This successful?"

Zayn shrugged. "Obviously not. I mean, who would ever expect this sort of thing to happen? Yeah, I've dreamed, but I never imagined this would happen. It's..." He sighed, shaking his head. "Unreal." Blake smiled at him. He looked over at her, trudging on. "What about you? You're a spy. Did you ever... What's it like?"

"Well, my parents are too. It's kind of the family business, I guess. I never imagined myself doing anything else. I've been doing this since forever," she admitted and he nodded.

"I guess that means you kind of hate us?"

"Now why would I hate you?" she asked like it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard. Inside, she had to admit he had pretty much hit the nail on the head, but she couldn't tell him that.

"Oh, I don't know... I guess because you have been working at this your whole life and we just barge in, you know. You've been working for this your whole life and we just waltz right in and have it all handed to us."

Blake shrugged at his observation. "I try not to think about it. It's not like I should change it. I'm not that bothered, honestly. Welcome to the family. We needed more manpower anyway," she muttered. Zayn laughed and she smiled, looking down at her feet as she tugged at her hair. "On second thought, you have a point. I should really hate you, shouldn't I?" Zayn raised his eyebrows at her.

"No, no, no. Don't listen to me. I'm delusional. Forget I said anything," he rushed to say.

"Geez, you sure are pushy," she accused and he smiled.

"Is that a problem?" he asked, stepping closer as she stopped. She tilted her head and bit her lip, pretending to think.

"No," she finally decided. "On you, it's cute." They smiled at each other, just looking at each other. "See you tomorrow," she whispered before walking away. He shook his head, realizing they had reached her hotel. He watched her walk away before started to head back to his own place. He yawned as he walked, suddenly very tired. He thanked the heavens the walk wasn't too long. The second he got home, he just flopped onto his bed. He was tired and tomorrow was going to be busy.

There we go! Not as long as I hoped but you can't force it. :) Yay!! Vote, comment, and fan! I love to hear from you guys and I love talking to anyone really and I love making new friends. I'm the friendliest thing you've met since sliced bread! Okay... Terrible analogy but oh well :P _Rocket xx