Chapter 8: One Way or Another

• Dedicated to Nosh! (Niall and Josh)

Chapter 8! Woohoo! We are going far! Nosh is on the side! LOVE THEM!!! And God Damn, you're beautiful to me is over there too. Just cause Harry called her beautiful. And I just love that song. Anyway, enjoy! :)

Harry came to pick her up from the hotel and take her over to their rehearsal. She hopped into the passenger seat with her bag and forced herself to smile at him. He smirked back at her. 

"Hey, beautiful," he greeted. She grimaced but quickly covered it up, looking away shyly instead. 

"Hi, Harry," she whispered. He pulled away from the curb and onto the streets. "Hey, do I look okay?" she asked, her expression anxious. He raised his eyebrows at her in question. "Oh, come on. I'm meeting my 'boss' for the first time today. I better look okay." He laughed. 

"You look great," he replied, keeping his eyes on the road. "Zayn's a lucky guy." She blushed a bit at that. 

"Really?" He nodded. 

"You know you're very unsure for a spy," he commented. She shrugged in reply. She tucked her feet beneath her and looked out the window at the passing buildings. They stayed silent for the rest of the drive, Harry stealing glances in Blake's direction a few times and Blake pretending she didn't notice. Soon they reached the rehearsal. 

Zayn was of course waiting for them when they arrived. Blake climbed out of the car, tucking a loose strand of hair out of her face. She rushed to Zayn's side, getting pulled into a hug. "I missed you," he whispered into her ear and she snorted. 

"You saw me last night, you weirdo," she replied, smiling at him. 

"So you didn't miss me?" he asked, looking a bit hurt. She rolled her eyes at him, choosing not to answer the question. "So how was the drive?" he asked, taking her hand and leading her inside. 

"Quiet," she admitted, swinging their clasped hands back and forth. 

Zayn laughed. "Sorry for leaving you with the shameless flirt," he apologized and Blake giggled. 

"Whatever," she waved it off. It was over and done with anyway. "So, how's today gonna work?" she asked him, looking around at her surroundings. 

"Well, we're gonna be rehearsing almost all day. You'll have to go meet Lou and stuff. You really don't have that much to do today," he admitted. "Which means you're stuck here all day with nothing to do." Blake frowned, pouting. "But Dani and Eleanor are coming over later so you could hang out with them." Blake smiled again. More time with the girlfriends. At that moment, Louis came up. 

"Paul needs you for that one thing," he told Zayn and Zayn sighed. 

"Sorry, love, got to go for now. Guess I'll see you later." He quickly pecked her cheek before darting off, leaving Blake alone with Louis. 

"Right," Louis said. "I guess I'll go introduce you to Lou. Come on." He reached out his arm and she took it, linking arms and walking along. "So has he asked yet?" he asked her and she shook her head. He rolled his eyes. "Chicken," he muttered. "I thought he might ask you when he walked you home but I guess not. He's crazy. You know what? You two are going on a date tomorrow, whether you like it or not." Blake laughed. 

"Good luck with that." Louis pulled her up to a woman with blonde hair. 

"Lou," he addressed the woman. She turned away from the guy she had been talking to and smiled at the Doncaster boy. 

"Louis," she replied, her head bobbing slightly. Her eyes fell on Blake, who was standing awkwardly at Louis' side. 

"Oh, this is Blake," Louis indicated the blonde beside him. Lou smiled wider. 

"Oh, my new friend!" she exclaimed. "Nice to meet you!" She looked to Louis. "Run along now! Wouldn't want you missing rehearsal or anything," she ordered and Louis nodded, skipping off with a quick wave goodbye.

"Right, so we really don't have much of anything to do today. Well, you don't anyway. I have last minute details to deal with but that's it. It's just a rehearsal so they don't need us. But it's nice to see you around." 

Blake gaped at her. "You mean I didn't have to come?" 

Lou shrugged. "Well, the thought was nice, but no." 

"Zayn said you asked for me to come," Blake informed her. 

Lou laughed. "Sounds like he just wanted you around," she commented and Blake rolled her eyes. "Well, needed or not, you're stuck here. So, you can wander around, I guess. I don't suggest you get in anyone's way though. But you probably already guessed as much." Blake nodded in understanding. "Great. I'll see you around. If I need you, I'll tell Liam." 

Blake raised her eyebrows. "Why Liam?" 

"Because we can trust Liam," she replied. Blake nodded in agreement before walking off. She needed to talk to a certain someone who must not tell lies.

Blake wandered around for a while until she got a glimpse of a familiar face. "Niall!" she called and the blonde looked up from the guy he was with. He smiled when he saw who it was and waved her over. 

"Hey, Blake!" he said cheerily and she smiled at him. 

"Hi, Niall," she greeted before looking awkwardly to the boy beside him. Niall realized that they didn't know each other and rushed to introduce them. 

"Blake, this is Josh, our drummer." he indicated the boy beside him. 

"Nice to meet you," Blake said shyly, holding out her hand which he shook. Josh raised his eyebrows in question and Blake answered. "I'm Blake. I'm uhh, Lou's assistant." She pointed in the general direction she had last seen the stylist half heartedly. Josh nodded in understanding. 

"And Zayn's girlfriend if he ever mans up and asks her out," Niall muttered and Josh raised his eyebrows once more. 

Blake ducked her head embarrassedly, playing with a strand of hair. "Oh hush," she scolded the Irish boy, and he stuck his tongue out at her in response. Josh watched the exchange with amusement. 

"Well, in that case, welcome! We'll be seeing a lot of each other, one way or another." Blake smiled at his greeting. 

"Looking forward to it," she replied before turning to Niall. "Have you seen Zayn?" she asked. 

"Oh? You mean your boyfriend?" He wiggled his eyebrows and Blake fought the urge to smack the carefree blonde before her. She crossed her arms to stop herself and leaned back, waiting for an answer. Niall realized she wasn't planning on responding so he went ahead and told her where Zayn was. She soon found him messing around with Liam. She smiled kindly at Liam before moving on to Zayn. 

"You said Lou wanted to see me," she accused. 

"So?" he asked, looking slightly panicked. 

"Well, she seems to think differently." Zayn looked around nervously and Liam stepped in. 

"Look, I'm sure Zayn has a very good reason for doing whatever the heck he did and I'm sure he can and will explain but right now we kinda have to go." Blake glared at Zayn before sighing. 

"Fine," she relented and Liam nodded in thanks, steering Zayn away. A voice called out announcing the beginning of rehearsal and she walked off to the side where she would be out of the way, knowing today would be a long day.

So I wrote most of this chapter on no sleep. I slept over at my cousin's house and we stayed up all night watching Pretty Little Liars and Doctor Who. So I'm sorry if the boys' homosexuality is showing or something. I'm just too tired to notice. Vote, comment, fan! I love to hear from you!

_Rocket xx