Wolf Blood: That was Quick

POV: Kaylyn

"How are you feeling?" Kato asked me as he practically carried me up the stairs.

"I'm getting there." I sighed.

He had one of his arms wrapped around my waist and did his best to help me out.

"Your are is putting too much pressure on my side." I winced when he squeezed too tight going up one step.

He bent down, put his other arm behind my knees, and carried me up the stairs into my bedroom.

"That'll work." I chuckled.

Kato did his best to place me in my bed gently, but he isn't exactly the most gentle giant even though he tries to be.

I winced again when I took a deep breath. The vamp got me good.

"Let me know if you need me." Kato started to walk out of my bedroom, but not before saying, "I still hate you." And running to his room before I could shock him.

"Ass-wipe!" I growled.

"Language children!" Mom yelled from her and Momma's room that is right in between Kato and I's.

"Sorry!" I yelled through the walls.

"You have mind links you know!" Uncle Mike, who's room is down the hallway and to the left, yelled.

"Sorry!" Mom and I yelled in sync.

All of the big names stay in the pack-house. Like Uncle Mike, the head of patrol and territory security; Uncle Danny, the head of defense and offense; Aunt Emily, the head of pup protection services; Uncle Ray, the beta: of course Momma and Mom, the Alpha and Luna; Kato and I, the future Alpha and head of defense and offense.

—————————————————————

"I think they should though. Remember how you felt when we first met. It wasn't the best situation, but it was still an incredible feeling." Momma sighed.

'Should we go inside or stay out here and ease drop?' I asked Kato through our mind link so it wouldn't give us away. They could smell us if they wanted to, but I really want to know what they are talking about.

'Ease till the call us out.' Kato answered.

"They're going to be seventeen soon Luka." Momma spoke in a softer tone.

I could smell Mom's anxiety from here.

"I know they are, but she just got hurt from what is outside and he is very protective over his sister. If she found her mate he would be very aggressive towards her." Mom's voice was laced with worry.

"I promise Mike and I will personally escort them along our territory line when they turn seventeen. They deserve to meet their mates Luka. We didn't meet each other till I was nineteen and you were just then seventeen. I was wondering if I would ever meet my mate after the first two years. Most werewolves find their mates within the first year. I was losing hope. I don't want them to go through that feeling." Momma's voice was the softest I have ever heard it.

"I want Mike, Ray, and you escorting them. I know you can take ten vamps at once, but I don't want to take the risk of them getting hurt. If they get hurt they aren't going back out for a year and after a shit ton of training. Got it?" Mom gave in.

"The day after they turn seventeen Mike, Ray, and I will escort them around the line every other day." Momma reassured Mom. "We will not hesitate to kill any vamp either."

"You two can come in. It's obvious you two are out there." Mom sighed at Kato and I.

We looked at each other with fear before walking into Momma's office.