Wolf Blood: We Need You

POV: Kate

"What's on your neck?" I asked Kaylyn as she walked into the dinning hall with her mate who was about a third of her weight and is about a foot or two shorter than her.

"Zurie can't feed off of animals. Only supernaturals other than vampires, so I let her feed from me." Kaylyn shrugged.

I went to speak, but Luka put her hand on my knee and squeezed it tightly. "Don't Kate. You'd do it for me."

I mumbled a slur of cuss words as I turned back to my plate. "I'm still iffy with the fact that both of my children have mates that aren't werewolves." I mumbled.

"Yes, but since Kaylyn has the alpha blood line, whatever kids they have will be pure werewolves." Luka looked at me with a 'you know that' look.

"Still though." I whispered.

"They can't choose who their mates are Kate. You know that, so start acting like a good role model and get your shit together." Luka then stood up before leaving the dinning hall.

"Fuck!" I slammed my hands on the table, which sent silverware flying in multiple directions as well as food.

"Momma?" Kato walked over to me with hesitation.

"Not now Kato!" I growled before running outside and shifting as I jumped down the steps.

Why are you so moody?

'I don't know.'

You need to figure it out quick, because I don't even see anything wrong with Kaylyn's mate being a vampire. I mean, really. Is she a princess of the kingdom of vampires that we've been fighting for years? Yes, but she was banished from it. She hasn't told anyone about that yet. I don't know if she will.

'So she's trouble.' I rolled my eyes. To be banished from somewhere takes a lot.

No, she was honest with her father, the king, by saying her mate was the future Alpha of this pack, so not only does that go against their old morals of anti homo, Kaylyn is a werewolf. A powerful one with ranking.

'Whatever you say.' I shook my head as I embraced the feeling of the wet dirt in between each pad of my wolf's paws.

POV: Kaylyn

"You haven't fed today. You need to." I watched as she did her best to keep sitting up straight.

"I'm too tired to feed." Zurie mumbled in my neck.

"You're tired because you need to feed. You're already in the right spot, so drink up Princess." I pressed a kiss to her forehead and she slowly nodded in my shoulder after I took my shirt off.

"Ready?" Zurie mumbled against my skin.

"Yeah, just drink up and then we can go to sleep since it's two in the morning." I rubbed her back.

I felt a prick against my skin before she moved her fangs up a little higher before sinking them in.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. "There you go. Drink till you're full." I cooed to her as I rocked us back and forth slowly.

Zurie hummed against my neck in content.

About five minutes later she stopped drinking.

"I'm full now." Zuire mumbled as she pulled her fangs out of my neck.

"Okay, now we can sleep." I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead as she laid her head on my chest.

I scooted away from the wall before pulling Zurie gently down with me onto the mattress. "Goodnight." Zurie mumbled against my skin.

"Goodnight Princess." I whispered back as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Kaylyn, we need you." Kato peaked his head in my room without knocking.

"Why?" I groaned.

"Emergency pack meeting." He gave me a knowing look.

"Oh shit." I muttered as I got out of bed.

"Gear up. Full body armor." Kato stepped into my room more to show that he was wearing his, with his helmet in his hands.

I nodded as I slid my pants off and started to get all of my gear on.

"What's wrong?" Zurie whispered in a worried tone.

"I don't know yet Princess. Just got to sleep. I'll be back before you know it." I pressed my lips against her forehead as the armor tightened itself around my body after slipping the steel plates over me. "Don't touch me Princess. This armor has garlic on it."

"I know. I can smell it." Zurie started to cough and gag.

"I'll be back soon." I spoke over my shoulder as I ran out of my room with my helmet in hand, following Kato.

"Put your helmet on." Kato looked at me over his shoulder as he slid his on.

This is some serious shit if we need full gear and need to put our helmet on before we even get downstairs.

I smell vampire.

'You mean our mate?' I rolled my eyes.

No asshole. I smell different ones.

'Momma, what's going on?' I asked Momma through our link as I followed Kato down the steps.

'Just hurry kiddo.' My Momma sounded uneasy.

"Out here." Kato bursted the front door open and closed it behind me.

I froze in my spot at the sight.

"We need to move Kaylyn." Kato snapped me out of my trance and he led me to Momma and Mom who was on the other side of the line of our pack. Some were in wolf form. Some were in human. But all of them had full armor on.

The pack made a clearing for us to run through and we got to Mom and Momma's side within seconds. Uncle Danny, Uncle Mike, Uncle Ray, Aunt Emily, and Aunt Alex were evenly placed on Mom and Momma's sides.

When we got to our parents, we froze.

Vampires, hundreds, were lined up in front of us.

"I would never ask you guys to fight unless I absolutely needed you to, and I need you two to now. We need as much help we can get with this one, and you two being supers is a big help right now. Plus, I think it's time I show you how much of a badass your Momma is." She winked at us, but she was scared for our safety.

"Please stick together you two. You two fight amazing together. The closer to each other you are, the stronger you are. Don't let them touch you. They have silver claw covers. I love both of you more than life itself, so please be careful." Mom pulled us to her chest.

Momma wrapped her arms around the three of us the best she could.

Meanwhile, I'm shook as fuck.

"Stay behind us and clean up stragglers. Just because you'll be behind us doesn't mean it will be safe though. Wherever you go in this battle is dangerous." Momma looked at Kato and I after we all broke the hug.

"We've had the strongest werewolf around teach us how to fight. We'll be okay." Kato gave me an egotistical fist-bump. His confidence started to flow over to me.

He's right. We're all set.

'Ready guys?' Momma looked around as she spoke in the pack link. Mom shifted beside her, so Kato and I took that as our cue to shift as well.

'Yes Alpha.' The pack link filled with a low hum of random slurs of cuss words after that.

Momma shifted into her overly tall wolf as the flames flowed through her armor. I hope I'm that badass one day.

Momma howled and we all started to run at the vampires.

Mom started to make her own hill, practically mountain, as she charged at the vampires, and Kato made his, but it was slightly shorter.

I on the other hand, was doing my best to look like Momma to scare others, but I'm still shorter than her. No one, not even I, can be mistaken for her. The fucking legend.