Wolf Blood: Healing

POV: Kato

Momma finally let Kaylyn and I patrol again as long as we promised to not go to the south-side. Kaylyn and I just like to run through the woods if we're being honest. We don't patrol to search; we patrol to let the wind run through each strand of hair in our coats.

Something off.

'What do you mean? Uncle Mike just came through here.'

Something off. I smell blood.

My wolf stuck his nose up in the air and took a deep breath for both of us to register the scent around us.

Vampire.

'Really?'

I no lie. Go home and tell Momma and Mom now.

'Kaylyn and I can handle it. It's about time we get the chance to kill.' I smirked to myself.

'Kato, I smell Vamps.' Kaylyn spoke in a worried tone through our link.

'I do too.' We slowed down.

'Let's go tell Mom and Momma. As in let's run to the pack house and let Uncle Mike know on the way to Mom and Momma.' Kaylyn rushed as she started to trot to the clearing, waiting for me to catch up. 'Now Kato.' She growled in her alpha voice that she has been picking up on, which caused my wolf and I to instinctively follow her orders.

'Get back to the pack house. I smell vamps and your parents are waiting for you.' Uncle Mike warned us through the link.

'Okay,' Kaylyn and I started to pick up our pace, but stopped when we saw black shadows passing by us here and there.

'Uncle Mike, shadows are swarming us.' I nervously slurred out.

'Run, they're teleporting!' Uncle Mike yelled through the link.

No sooner did he speak Kaylyn and I were taking off towards the pack house.

I looked over to my side to see Kaylyn with her head down at a dead sprint, but in a flash she fell over with a yelp.

My wolf sunk his paws into the ground and started to run towards Kaylyn.

'Kato, go get help!' Kaylyn cried out as she tried to get back to her feet, but a tall pale man in a grey shirt with black pants on stopped her.

"Hello hello twins." The man spoke in a deep voice that would creep anyone out. He started to run at Kaylyn, and before she could get going he was on top of her, pinning her wolf to the ground.

'GET OFF OF MY SISTER!' I yelled through an open link which is similar to speaking.

He stuck his hand out and it shot me back a few feet, but my wolf raised the ground against each paw to stop me from going any further.

Let me control. I know how to use powers better than you.

'Okay,' I let my wolf take full control as we ran at the vamp. 'Help Momma. Please come here. Kaylyn and I are being attacked.' I begged Momma as my wolf tackled the vamp off of Kaylyn.

'Mom and I are on the way, as well as several warriors and a few patrols. Just use what we've been working on and let your wolf take control and use the powers, but for God sakes don't hurt your sister.' Momma responded.

'Okay.'

My wolf had the vamp pinned to the earth and he started to heat up his paws. My wolf and I don't have it mastered like Momma and aunt Alex, so it takes a second.

Screw this. I bury him.

My wolf stood up on his back paws, but the vamp used the small window of time to roll out from underneath me and kick me back ten feet or so.