Wolf Blood: Window

POV: Kato

One day, three hours, eleven minutes, and thirty three seconds since Kaylyn has been out. I refuse to go get food or eat anything. I refuse to move in general. I've moved twice, and that was to go to the bathroom. Momma says I need to eat, because Kaylyn needs the strength, but me eating requires getting up and getting the food from the doorway since no one is allowed to be in here other than me.

'Please eat Kato. I will open the door and throw you some bread. At least drink some water.' Mom begged through the link. I could smell her right outside the door though.

'Slowly open the door please. Don't open it quickly or my wolf may jump. He is in a very protective state right now over Kaylyn.' I sighed. I know I need food, and my wolf knows too.

'Thank you.' Mom sighed in relief.

I watched the handle turn slowly.

'Stay calm please. It's just mom.'

I will. I will.

'Thank you.'

I saw Mom and Momma standing next to each other. Mom had tears rolling down her face while Momma looked pale. She looked like she hasn't slept since Kaylyn has been out.

Mom tossed me a loaf of sourdough bread, some butter, and a bottle of water.

She mouthed 'I love you' before closing the door.

"Please wake up Kaylyn." I whispered and leaned my head against the bed. My eyes scanned the ceiling. There were scattered burn marks from Kaylyn and I when we were seven and decided that messing with our abilities was a good idea. When Mom and Momma found out... we were in deep shit. Our flames were pretty much harmless and our rooms aren't made out of the normal drywall like the all of the other rooms, since we are not confident with our powers nor do we have a whole hell of a lot of control over them.

Next to the window there is a dent from when I accidentally threw the rock that was beside my bed at the wall in my sleep.

POV: Kate

"I should've ran faster. I should've been there. It's my fault. I know I can run faster than that." I paced Luka and I's bedroom.

"Babe, it wasn't your fault." Luka spoke in a soothing voice.

"It's my job as the alpha to keep this pack safe, and I can't even protect my own kids." Tears threatened to fall, but I've already shed too many.

"It was my fault that I didn't get there in time. I got caught up in the vamp's trap that it set up before attacking the twins. I ran right into it." Mike's voice cracked. I looked over at him as he stood in the doorway. He has small cuts scattered across his whole figure. The vamp set up something like barb wire, but it was stronger. When you get stuck you have to rip each barb out no matter how deep it is.

"Mike, it's not your fault either." Luka whispered.

I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

"We all did our best to get to them. We should be proud of them for being able to hold their own together. Once they become confident with their abilities and learn how to fight like you and I... no one will be able to stop them." I gently rubbed his back since there were some cuts back there too. They're the kind that sting if you touch them.

"Damn straight, but I'll be fighting along their side till I die." Mike chuckled, but it was quiet due to his tears.

"Someone will have to kill me in order to stop me from protecting the pups." I pulled away from the hug.