Wolf Blood: Overprotective

POV: Kate

The last thing I wanted to do as a mother was to ask my kids to fight with me. We were killing more vamps than we could count. We've lost a few of our members, and the vampires have definitely lost a large amount of theirs. Their King is behind them, watching from the tree line like a coward; letting his cult die in front of him as he watched. Even his wife was fighting.

As promised, Kaylyn and Kato didn't leave each other's side. They've gotten nicked up here and there, but not enough for me to tell them to leave and go home. They've killed almost as many as I have. Luka is slacking because she is watching the kids and helping them when she feels as if they are getting out numbered.

I on the other hand have been killing left and right. Snapping their necks, electrocuting, rippling some into the air with a mini earthquake, and catching them on fire. We're trying to stall for as long as we can, knowing the sun is coming up in about an hour.

But since the sun is coming up soon, the vampires are getting antsy.

Not soon enough, we had kill all of the vampires other than the wife since she had retreated to her husband when he called for her. Some others went to retreat, but when they ran for the tree line their King killed them on the spot. I don't know his ability, so I stayed in the middle of the field as my pack stepped back a hundred yards or so in a line, waiting for my call.

"You came onto my territory to attack my people. Man up and fight me." I growled loudly once I had shifted into human form, my armor shifting around with my bones.

"I came to retrieve my daughter. I wish to kill her. Hand her over and you won't have to deal with my cult ever again." The King teleported to ten feet in front of me.

All I saw was a blue flash and the King shot back a solid ten yards with the blue blur of fire. Blue fire. Fucking hell Kaylyn!

I ran to the two as they tore each other to shreds. Kato, Luka, Danny, Mike, Emily, and Ray were at my side in seconds, but all Kaylyn's wolf would ever be okay with us doing would be to watch.

Kaylyn bit and clawed the King's skin and he did his best to use his strength against her, but with her speed it wasn't doing shit, but he did get a few good lashes at her which was hard for me to watch.

"You will never touch my mate!" Kaylyn yelled once she shifted into human form and pinned him to the ground face down with his cheek firmly pressed against the grass so he couldn't teleport away. He squirmed in her grip and clawed at her hands, tearing her wrists and forearms to shreds, but she acted like nothing was happening. I wanted to step in, but I know that Kaylyn would be pissed and never forgive me for not letting her protect her mate to the best of her ability.

I watched as Kaylyn's hands started to turn blue with the amount of heat she was radiating onto his back to set the vamp on fire.

"Goodbye asshole." Kaylyn growled as she let her nails dig into him which simultaneously began to sent bolts of lightning throughout his body.

The only thing that could be heard across the territory were his screams of pain as he soon turned to ashes.

I looked to the tree line to see a male walking back to vamp territory alongside the fallen King's wife. Who is that?

"That's my older brother, Marcus." A soft voice made all of us jump.

I turned around to see Zurie in one of Kaylyn's hoodies and a pair of pants, blocking as much sun as possible from her skin.

"He is now the new King." Zurie whispered and looked down at her feet. "I would've helped, but I am weaker than everyone here. No doubt I'd die within seconds. With me being the youngest child, I'm the weakest." Kaylyn ran over to her mate and pulled her to her chest, the sight alone making me smile. "Kaylyn, you're getting blood all over your sweatshirt that I have claimed." Everyone around laughed a little.