Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Julie L.

Once I realized I was underwater, I tried to reach for something....anything. I hit the ground with an ump and whatever little air that I had, left my body. It was pitch black on the bottom and I struggle to get some air but I was afraid to move. I tried to swim up but I was getting nowhere. I couldn't believe that asshole threw me in the water. I felt my body started to give up as my eyes start to close. The water around me rushing into my nose, my mouth as I tried to scream for help.. Then I felt something grab my foot and I tried to get out of its hold. I tried swimming away from it but it felt like I wasn't moving. I was frozen by my fear. Something came around my waist and lifted me up.

Once we broke through the surface, I started taking deep breaths getting as much air as I could to go through my body. I was lifted up on to the dock where I cough and sputtered all the water that got trapped in my lungs. Then I started to hyperventilate when the memory rushed through my mind bringing to the surface all my fears, and pain. I gave a scream while I curled up into a fetal position.

Alex came over with a towel and wrapped it around me as he sat down next to me. I practically jumped into his lap and he quickly put his arms around me. I looked up and saw Luke looking pretty angry standing behind Alex.

"Stop overreacting" Luke said. Everyone turned and stared daggers at him. I stood up from Alex's lap and looked down on the ground. I was embrassed, was I overreacting.

"What is your problem, she has a fear of natural bodies of water" Alex said getting up in his face.

"My problem is you. You always defending her. Let her be a big girl" Luke spat back

"Because I care for her unlike you" Alex retorted

"Oh you care for her. I think you more then care for her. You say your just friends but you act like more. Do you want to admit something Alexander" Luke sneered. He is more then a friend, he is my brother I thought.

"He has a mate, Lucas" I said using his full name knowing he doesn't like anyone to use it. In response he gave a deep growl.

"Then why didn't he tell anyone?" Luke asked.

"He told all of us yesterday night and he told me when he found out" I said lying for Alex.

"Why didn't he announce it to everyone since he is the son of the Alpha" Luke said with a smirk.

"He doesn't have to explain to you". Natilee yelled at him. Luke turned his head slowly until he was staring intensity at Natilee. Her eyes widen in fear and she gives a loud gulp. Alex immediately steps in front of her blocking her from Luke's view.

"Let's go Lina" Luke growled at me,while grabbing my arm. All of my friends growled at him.

"It's fine guys" I grumbled ripping my arm out of his grasp. Luke eyes turned cold and hateful. I then did one of the most stupid things I have ever did in my life. I went with him into the forest.

'Lina....' Alex muttered in my head

'I will call you if I need you' I replied back. I followed Luke for almost an hour until I tripped over a branch.

"Ugh, where are we going? We have been walking for an hour" I yelled at Luke once I got up.

"We can stop if you want but we are almost there" He said continuing on. Well it looks like I don't have a choice. I followed him for 5 more minutes until we reached the bottom of the waterfall. My eyes instantly got wide, what in the hell are we doing here.

"Um...." I said glancing around nervously.

"I just thought we could dip our feet in while we talk" He said sitting and putting his feet in. I guess that would be alright. I sat down next to him crossing my legs instead of putting them in the water.

"So talk" I stated

"I wanna know about you and Alex" He whispered

"Me and Alex?"I said confused

"Don't play dumb. I know something is going on between you two" He said

"We are just friends" I said confused again. He scoffed.

"I see the way he looks at you. He loves you" He growls

"I know he loves me, doesn't mean he is in love with me. We have been best ever since kindergarten" I said getting angry.

"Not again with that BS" He sneered. I stand up and glared at him

"BS!?" I screamed at him.

"Yeah the story you two tell everyone." He calmly says standing up.

"Everyone grew up here knowing that we have been friends forever" I said in a duh tone.

"Don't lie to me" He growls as his eyes turn dark. Oh shit, his wolf is coming out. I slowly back up a few feet.

"I promise you I am not lying. There is nothing going on between Alex and I." I said scowling at him.

"Your getting defensive, that means you hiding something" He snarled taking a step closer to me.

"Ugh, your so annoying. Do my words even get through to you?" I snarled back at him.

"Watch your mouth" He growled.

"Or what? Your not my father" I spit back at him. He took another step closer to me.

"I would be a better father then yours" He snarled. I gasped. How dare this prick talk about my family.

"You better watch what you say"I said with a low growl. He takes one last huge step towards me.

"Make me" He whispers in my ear. I growled loudly. I try to calm myself down. I count to ten and take a deep breathe.

"Are you scared? Maybe you should run home to your mommy...oh wait you don't have one" He sneered at me. Something inside me snapped as he finished that sentence. I drew my hand back and released hitting Luke square in the face causing him to fling back a few feet. He turned his head toward me, I notice the bursting mark and the blood running down his face. I looked at my hand and notice it all bloody and knuckles tore up. All of a sudden I fell pain spread across my body as I am thrown back by the impact of Luke's face and my jaw. I look up from the ground to notice Luke coming closer to me, with pitch black eyes.

I slowly get up. If Luke wants to fight I guess he will get one. I rush at him flipping over him, but halfway though the flip he grabs both my wrists and threw me against a huge tree trunk. On impact I hear a huge crack. That can't be good I thought as I tried to get up but excruciating pain shot through my whole body. Luke picks me up non gentle and prepares to throw me, but before he can a figure shoots out from the coverage and tackles Luke, causing me to fall to the ground a little roughly. I can hear Luke and the person fighting, but it hurts to much to move. I think Luke might have fracture my spine when he threw me against the tree trunk. I hear a thud then I feel a presence standing over me.

"Lina, can you move?" I hear Nathaniel's sweet voice.

"No" I croaked out. He gently picks up bridal style and starts walking.

"Where are you taking me" I asked before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longing and silently slipped into darkness.