Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Anyone who is afraid of something.

Darkness is closing in all around me. I try to get away but if I move I get bit, or shocked. I try and scream but I can't breathe. That's when I realized I was underwater and losing air. I fear whatever was around me. The darkness and the silence getting worse and worse at the seconds tick on and on. I awoke with a scream. Nathaniel jumps up grabs my waist and pulls me close to him. I was still hyperventilating as he rubbed my back trying to calm me down. I look around and I notice it is still dark outside.

"It is just a dream, Lina" Nathaniel says trying to soothe me. My breathing slows down to normal pace. I take a deep breathe about to speak when I hear a bunch of howls.

"Oh shit" I said jumping up pulling Nathaniel with me. He looks at me with curiosity.

"It's the annual dawn run. My pack will be here in about 5 minutes. You have to get out of here before they find you." I tell him as I try and fail to push him towards the pack lines. He thinks for moment before his eyes go wide.

"Come on" I say as we both ran towards the line. He stops of a sudden and shifts into a huge majestic black wolf. He nudges me, so I take that as a free ride. I amble on his back and he takes off. In about 8 minutes we are to the the pack lines. I get off of him and walk over to the pond. I stripped to my underwear and bra and wash his scent off of me without going into the water.

I am deathly afraid of water in which I can't see anything. So pools and bathtubs don't bother me at all. When I was little, I was swimming in a lake, everyone in the pack was there because it was a party, and I couldn't see anything but it didn't matter to me then. I got pulled down by a current and I try getting away but every time I would move my arm or leg it would brush something and freak me out, then a shark comes out of nowhere and keeps trying to eat me. I was rescue by Amelia(my mother) actually because no one else was paying attention except for Alex but he was too little to save me back then. So now I am afraid. I look back to see Nathaniel standing there staring at me weird.

"Well, are you going to wash off or just go home?" I tell him as I fold my clothes in to a neat pile. I hear a huge splash as he jumps into the pond and swims over to the other side. He gives a bark and disappears. Well I guess that means goodbye. I shrug and take off the rest of my clothes and shift into a faded black wolf. I howled, in response I heard howls through-out the forest. I pick up my clothes and I ran as fast I as I can to where I heard Alex and Luke. 13 minutes later I finally reached them heading into a clearing.

'Hold up' I said. They both looked back and stopped.

'What the hell is wrong with you. We were so worry about you.' Luke growls quietly

'I was running, when these wolves started to chase me and I ran all the way to the cliff. When I got up there I tripped and got knocked out' I lied smoothly not even blinking an eye.

'Lina, you alright' Alex said coming closer to me.I did a quick nod.

'When are you leaving' I asked

'We actually have to head back now and the people going on the mission will set out then' Alex says as he starts back towards the Alpha Mansion. I fall in step behind him with Luke. I nudge him slightly causing him to falter in his steps. He turns his head to glare at me and I look at him of innocent like.

'Wasn't me' I tell him. He just turns his head back to the front. I nudge him again harder causing him to fall. However, he wasn't going alone because he grab me at the last second and I went down with him. He landed on top of me laughing. I pushed him off and ran behind a tree to change. When I came back out I found Luke standing thing in only khaki shorts. His washboard abs right in my view, this boy should be illegal. He was still laughing at me.