Chapter 6(Photo of Nathaniel)

• Dedicated to Runners. Exercise for me ;)

I was upstairs in my room getting ready for the party tonight at the mansion. Once the police took our statements about the random wolves attacking us on our simple walk, the Alpha explained everything to Luke. He was then given a tour etc. etc. I haven't talk to him since the incident. I hope he isn't mad at me. I pulled on some black skinny jeans and purple cut top that was strapless. I reached for the doorknob and winced a little. I got in trouble for shifting when I was not suppose to. So since I shift it mess up my shoulder again. I walked downstairs and out the back door. I shuddered involuntary remembering what my father did. Outside was really gorgeous and there are a bunch of people standing around talking, dancing, and drinking. I try and look for Luke, but all I find is Lucianna. I rush up to here and gave her a tight squeeze. I pull back and look her in the face, something is wrong.

"What's wrong Luci" A silent tear escapes to her face.

"Nick and I had a huge fight, and then him and the some of the others have to leave tonight for a mission. So I am worry he will get hurt" She snuffles. Wait others mean Alex, my dad, the Alpha, plus Marcus and Anthony. Why didn't they tell me, I mean I would notice if they weren't at the mansion when the party ended. I gave her another hug.

"Honey, you and Nick will get over your fight like you always do. Now I have to go check something" I tell as I turn and start to look for Alex. I spot him over by the big tree house talking to Natilee and Luke. I walk up to him getting more mad by the second. I get up to him and he takes one look at me and his face drops.

"Lina.." I cut him off "In the tree house now" I start up to the tree house and when I get in there it brings back so many good memories of Alex and me. Once Alex is in, I shut and lock the door. When his dad and my dad built it they made it soundproof. I take deep calming breathes and he just stands there letting me take my time.

"Alex, why didn't you tell your leaving for a mission tonight?" I said through clenched teeth. He looks at with a sad face.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't wanna worry you. Besides we will be back by dinner time tomorrow." He says pulling me into a hug.

'I think Luke wants to talk to you' Alex says in my mind. Alex leaves the tree house and a minute later Luke comes up. He sends me a small smile. I ran into his arms. He brushed my hair back with his hand and says "Shh, I know. I know." I look up towards him and pull him to me. I smashed my lips to his and his hands travel up my body. He pulls away and stares into my eyes.

"Come on, lets get back to the party" Luke says taking my hand and pulling me down the tree house. So for the next two hours we mingle and at 11:00 pm the adults leave and let us teenagers party by ourselves. The adults usually let us have party's as long as we clean it up the next day and don't destroy anything too expensive. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO comes on and basically everyone goes to the dance floor and starts dancing. After about an hour, I felt need to go on a run. I run up to my room and put on some loose shorts and a cami. I grabbed my tennis shoes and my ipod. I turned around and bumped into something solid.

"Either I need to a tougher head or someone needs to stop taking steroids" I say as rubbed my head. I hear a low rumble which I immediately place as Luke's laugh.

"Where are going" Luke asks.

"For a run.....alone" hurt flashes across Luke's face.

"It's not that I don't wanna run with you, it just I need to clear my head before we have our annual dawn running. Besides, I can't shift yet till dawn so I am running human style." I tell him. The annual dawn running happens everytime we bring a new werewolf or a young-in transform, all of us transform and we run at dawn. He nods his head at me saying he understands.

"Now get back to that party and have some fun" I say as I run downstairs and out the back straight to the forest not looking back.

'Be careful, Lina' I hear Alex's faint voice in my head.

'I am always careful' I replied back with laugh. I am probably one of the most clumsiest wolves in the world. As I was laughing I tripped. I quickly got back up and started running again.I press play on my ipod and the song Everybody Hurts by REM came on. As I got about 7 miles away I stopped. Someone has been here, not from our pack. However, I don't know if it is old or new. I take out my earbuds and look around. I hear a twig snap to my right, my head snaps to the direction. Two wolves come out, one chocolate and one black. I back up slowly then turn, dashing deeper into the forest. I feel the wolves on my trail. I dash in zigzag lines to try and confused them. That's when I spot this cliff-like rock. You know in the Lion King how they have pride rock, well this kinda looks like that except this one is shorter and the only way to get up there is to jump at least 14ft in the air. A light bulb went off in my head just then. I ran to the nearest tree and started climbing. Once I was roughly 8ft in the air, I started jumping from tree to tree. I look down and see the two wolves still following me. Once the trees stop, I jumped with all my might to the cliff and barely grabs the edge. So know I am hanging off the cliff with two werewolves nipping at my feet. I keep trying to pull myself up but my shoulder is still bad and I can't put a lot of weight on it.

"fuck" I curse under my breathe. All of sudden I feel strong arms grab under my armpits and pull. I winced as pain shoots to my left shoulder and he move his right hand to go around my waist, like he was hugging me, instead of under my left armpit. He gently lifts me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He carrys me to a tree stump and he sits down with me on his lap. I take a deep breathe and smell the most amazing smell every. He smells like right before it rains and the forest. I look up into the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. I gasped.

"Nathaniel" I whispered. It feels so right to be in his arms.

"Are you alright. They didn't hurt you did they" He asks so sincere. I shake my head. "Then why are you in pain?"

"Earlier, I wasn't suppose to shift but I did anyways." I tell him getting off of his lap and sitting on the ground.

"Why weren't you suppose to shift. When I hurt you, that was two days ago and only on your ribs, not your left shoulder." He says confusion crossing his face.

"No, your right. This isn't from you, yesterday I got hurt really bad. I broke all of my ribs, my left shoulder, and my left arm. Plus I am half human so its takes me slower to heal." I tell him as I look away. Yeah my dad was human when he got my mom pregnant, then she changed him and gave him a title. The rest is history as they say.

"How did you get hurt?" he asks. I growl at him.

"My turn, buddy boy. What are you doing on my pack's land?" He blushes slightly.

"I was coming to watch you, in case you needed my help" He said quietly. He is telling the truth.

"But I rejected you...."I started but didn't finished because his face turn stone cold and I couldn't read him anymore.

"Nevermind, do you know those two wolves?" I ask trying to change the subject. He nods his head. I can take a hint, he didn't wanna talk about it anymore. I don't even think I wanna know anymore.

"So favorite color" I ask him. We spent the next couple of hours talking about light subject  and never brushing any of my questions or his. Until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and drifted away into darkness.