The New Beta

• Dedicated to People who are themselves 24/7. Respect

My name is Evangelina Mason. I am the daughter of the Beta and the Alpha was my mother. Was being the correct term since everyone is at her furnral right now. Truthfully honest I am not all that upset about her passing. Her and my father had an affair or something. Also she was never around, she didn't want anyone seeing the resemblance. I don't see any resemblance to her at all. She had straight jet black hair that was cut short with light blue eyes. While I had long semi-curly light brown with tints of red hair that fell down to the small of my back. I have eyes that change colors from an intense green to a fiery blue.

I look to my right and find the seat empty. The usual. Every since the Alpha died, my father gets drunk a lot. 

I don't blame him. He loved the Alpha, more then anyone would realize.

I feel a hand slip into mine. I turn and look towards my left. I smiled at my half brother. Alexander and I are best friends. No one knows we are brother and sister except my dad and his dad. He kind of looks like me with his light brown hair and blue eyes.

"Lina, come back down to Earth" he whispers in my ear. I shoot him glare and turn back to the front.

The Next Day~~~~~~~~~~

"Since we don't who the Alpha is we have to start testing them" Alpha Tyler says. We are different from other packs. About 1000 years ago, a witch put a curse on the pack. It makes the Alpha DNA jumble up with another person DNA or something like that. It's all confusing. But, the Alpha believes the curse has ended but he is keeping that information privy to himself. Since we don't know who the soon to be Alpha is and we can't protect him or her we are all trained to fight. Training usually happens at age 3 till you finish, which is around 17. 

"Enough about the Alpha, tonight is our annually ball, symbolizing another year of no war. The national one for all packs will be commence next month. Any questions.... This ball is to help us be a peaceful nation and it helps you find you mate." says the Alpha. I grinned up at the Alpha, I have been looking forward to this ball for a month. I love the partys we throw.

After the meeting is over, I waited outside for my friend, Luci. She is suppose to help get ready for tonight. I looked towards the woods and see Luci and her mate,Nick, coming out of them.

"Lucianna Jenkins, you naughty girl. You better have been behaving or I will have to lock you up. You are suppose to be with me right now getting ready" I tell her as she gets closer and closer. She try's to look scare but ends up laughing. I laugh with her.

She then grab my arm and pulls me toward my black charger. When we get to my house she immediately goes staright for my room. I have the whole east wing to myself.

Later~~~~~~~~~~

When we get to the ball, it is already in full swing. I am wearing a faded white ballgown. In the front there is a slit in one of the layers with flowers on the side. It is also strapless.

When we ge inside, Luci sees Nick and rushes off to him. I look around and find Alex dancing with a girl. The look on his face says it all. He is not enjoying himself right now. I quickly walk up to them and tap on her shoulder. She turns and gives me an angry glare.

" I am cutting in, so go dance with someone else" I tell putting a bunch of authority behind it. She whimpers and walks away.

"Thanks, I needed that" Alex says as he puts a hand on my waist and takes another in mine. I put my hand on his shoulder and we start dancing. I laugh and say "looks like you where sending me signals. Blinking twice for help or once for I got it."

He was twirling me around by the doors when all of the sudden they pounded open. Everyone gasps and stops what they are doing to look. There are two guys and a bunch of wolves. The two guys have to be related because I see a huge resemblance. Alexander moves in front of me, slightly, protecting me.

"You are trespassing" Alexander growls.

"We just wanted to introduces are selfs. Right son" the older one states

" I am Alpha Thomas and this is my son Nathaniel. We are your new neighbors."

I hear murmurs and mumbles everywhere. New neighbors mean they defeated the Alpha of the pack next to us. I look towards Nathaniel and I see him staring at me with a weird expression. He then goes to his father and whispers something in his ear. He father then turns to look at me.

"My son, Nathaniel, has found his mate. Th girl with the brown curls." he says pointing at me.