Chapter 2 (Edited)

• Dedicated to Haters; You guys are my biggest fan<3

Everyone stayed quiet. You could hear a pin drop. My Inner Goddess was fuming at the thought that this man was our mate, someone who ruined our ball. I could feel the angry building up inside me. I waited patiently for my mate and it has to be him.  I remember what my dad use to say, when I was little and I would ask him about my mom. Life is hard, love is harder.

I walked closer to him, I couldn't accept him. How could I? They took over the nightshade pack, all their pack wants is land and power and I am not about to give him mine.

"Nathaniel...." he eyes widen. " I hereby reject you as my mate" he gasped, along with every other wolf in the room. I turn to go back to Alexander when Nathaniel grabs my arm. I growl, which was followed by more growls. " Don't touch me" I say as I pushed him back. I quickly walk other to Alex.

"Now, I have to ask you to leave my land" Alpha Tyler says walking towards Alpha Thomas. Alpha Thomas looks at me for a quick moment then turns around and walks out. All of his werewolves follow.

"Everyone, return to celebrating. Lina, may I have a word with you in my office." the Alpha says. He then goes to the staircase and walk upstairs. I follow quickly after him, but not before Alex gives my hand a squeeze.

When we get to his office, he shuts the door behind me and sits down.

"Why did you reject him?" he asks sternly. I think he was more confused than angry.

"You know why. You know what it means that they are our new neighbors, they aren't taking our land too." I told him.

He just looks at me sadly. I start to fishtail my hair.

"I think I am going to go for a ride on one of your bikes....just to clear my mind." I tell as I stand up to leave. 

" Be safe" he doesn't even look up from his paperwork. I walked out into the corridor and turned to the right. I have a room in the Alpha's house because I stay here so much.

When I get to my room, I walked over to the closet and grabbed a jumpsuit that I usually wear when me and Alexander ride together.

I ran and jumped out my window and jogged to the garage. I got on the motorcycle and ride out of the garage asking a group of people from the ball who were leaving. 

 I was doing about 103 miles per hour when I sense movement on my right. I glance over and saw nothing. When I brought my face forward I was startled because someone was standing in the middle of the rode. I slowed down and tried to pass him. However, he grabbed my bike and flipped it over. I landed in a ditch with the bike on top of me. I could feel a couple of my ribs broken so I couldn't shift until I get them set or I might risk major damage. I glanced up and saw the figure coming towards me. I push the bike off me and started running.  I as running north because I know that where I came from but I was quite a ways off from the Alphas place. I hear a growl, I look over my shoulder and see the figure change into a wolf.  Great, he must be outsider to not be able to smell I am a wolf.

'HELP ME!' I screamed in my mind link. The mind link is a link the has the beta, the alpha and the alpha prospect all linked together.

'Lina, what's wrong' I hear Alex ask me.

'Evangelina, where are you' my dad says to me. I didn't realize he could hear me. Usually, he can't. Especially when he is drunk.

'Lina, tells us where you are' the Alpha tells me.

'I got in an accident, a werewolf is chasing me.' I tell all three of them. I take a left and start running in the forest. I can hear him closing in.

'Hang on honey' my dad tells me.

I get to a dead end and turn around. The wolf is about 7 feet away. I back up until I feel the cliff edge.

"You are mine, human" the wolf growls.