CHAPTER 13

"What kind of a project is this?" said Levi pushing away the paper in disgust.

Vicky bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from squealing. Things were going much better than she thought. Levi would be compelled to spend time with her, maybe she could help him be less of an arrogant prat, and maybe accomplish what she came here to do in the first place.

"Well, movies, literature and food are more often than not accurately indicative of the beauty of various cultures. Old Javier here is just trying to liven up Spanish class." said Samthon with an infuriating smirk.

Levi looked so frustrated for a moment, Vicky thought he was going to explode.

"It-it won't be that bad." she said quickly. "Look, we we don't have to do anything you don't want to. Maybe we can work work on on parts of the project separately?"

She winced at herself stammering, but glad she hadn't blushed when she looked at Levi.

He stared at her curiously, his dark eyes searching her own, for something Vicky didn't recognize. His brow was furrowed in concentration, and his glasses hung gently on his nose, a few unruly locks of hair falling to his face. Vicky resisted the urge to brush her fingers over his smooth shaven skin and tuck the strands behind his ears. Her stomach lurched as he inched slightly closer to her suddenly on the small bench, his eyes never leaving her light brown ones.

"You know Vicky," he said huskily, setting her heart rapidly thundering in her chest. "More than all of this, I have a somewhat personal theory I want to test." he said seriously.

"Which one?" she asked her breath hitching as Levi's mouth came dangerously close to her left ear.

"You'll know soon enough." he whispered, his breath ghosting against her skin, sending shivers down her spine. 

Vicky was glad she was sitting down. Heaven knows her knees had turned to jelly already.

"Wh-what?" she managed.

He laughed softly as the bell rang. "You blush so easily." he commented, suddenly moving away from her. Why did the space feel so empty and her skin so cold when he did?

"See you Vicky." he said standing up and walking out of the classroom without turning for a second a look.

Vicky let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, feeling lightheaded and giddy all of a sudden. Gosh, was this how everyone felt when they were in such close proximity to someone they liked?

"So Vicky," came a voice. She turned to her left startled to see Samthon sitting on the bench beside her. His light blue eyes gazed into hers, his face so close she could count his eyelashes...

"Whoa---" she said holding on to the desk to avoid falling over.

"Hey you okay there?" he asked putting a hand on the small of her back to steady her.

Vicky's heart thundered in her chest as she tried to catch her breath. Samthon had such lovely tanned skin, such kissable lips and perfectly golden hair...he smelled so nice and ...

For the love of God, Vicky get yourself together! You can't get all hormonal with every guy you see!

"Yes, yes." she stuttered avoiding his gaze and staring at the pen marks on her desk.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to go out with me." he said with a dazzling smile.

Despite the adrenaline surging through her veins, Vicky frowned at that. Unless she'd been mistaken, wasn't Samthon trying to set her up with Levi?