Chapter 50

"The jury finds Mr. Walters..."

The words echoed in the quiet room, tension thick in the air as all the attendees took a sharp breath. Gavin and his mother cast dark figures in the corner, their heads in their hands. Their lawyer looked grimly at the judge and rather admiringly at Ted.

If nothing else, the country's entire judicial system was a fan of Ted Wilson by now. The case had dragged on for two years but despite Gavin Walter's best efforts, the day of justice had finally arrived.

"Guilty." said the judge as he locked eyes with the accused, no mercy in his expression.

The gavel was drowned out as the court erupted in cheers as people jumped up from their seats and exclaimed. Euphoria surrounded the courtroom and the air felt lighter and overstuffed all at once.

Levi trembled with shock as Vicky and his mother took turns to hug him. He had been expecting, praying, craving for this verdict. And now that it was finally here...he couldn't fathom it. He recaleld the days when there was barely enough money for food or fuel. He thought of how his mother worked days and nights to make ends meet. He realized with a jolt that he was barely getting by all these years and now...

"All assets go to Mr. Levi Walter's the next of kin." said the judge irritably. Yes, yes, another pauper to prince tale, he'd seen plenty of those before.

Levi's mother broke down in tears and took out her handkerchief. She needed some time to get used to it too. He looked around, hoping he would see something that would help him give some clarity about his position. He had never been rich before. He was confused, what if he messed everything up?

Ted was gloating in the corner as a translator told the Spanish press about how amazing an international lawyer he was. He ate a slice of pizza as a beautiful brunette reporter enquired about possible dinner dates.

Axky was delighted and he and Paula were doing a sort of Irish jig in happiness. Levi knew Axky already had the news published worldwide. The new face of Walt Games and all other enterprises would now be that of Levi's.

Levi closed his eyes to it all. All of a sudden he had so much. So much of everything he could possibly need.

He now owned so many assets, he would not need to work another day of his life. He looked at Vicky's smiling face and felt his heart fill up with warmth. He had a life full of people who cared about him now. He thought of Traci and David face-timing him last night to inform him that they were together now. He thought of his best bud Samthon who would undoubtedly demand a treat from him when he got back home...

It was overwhelming to say the least.

What did you do when you had everything? How did you live? Levi wondered quietly fear engulfing him until Axky poked him on the shoulder.

"Hey, let's get out of here." he said. "We need to plan about your future. What do you want to study, which college you want to go to, and who you want to hire in the interim to take care of the business while you get your degree."

Levi nodded as tears fell from his eyes and he ambushed Axky with a hug.

He even had a father now. And for that, more than anything, he would always, always be grateful.

***

EPILOGUE

"No." groaned Vicky. "Just. No."

"Come on Vicky, try on one more. Please?" begged Levi as he tried very hard not to giggle at the obnoxious wedding dress she had on. There was so much cloth all over Vicky looked like she was dressed in a bed sheet owned by a giant.

"I'm tired Levi." she complained. "These dresses all suck. Won't you marry me if I wear jeans to the ceremony?"

Levi laughed. He would marry her even if she wore a potato sack, but he wasn't going to tell her that just yet.

"Sure. I don't mind, except I recall you dreamily telling your mom how much you wanted to look like she did at her wedding." he said enjoying the look of torment on Vicky's face. She wasn't a girly girl and he loved that about her, but watching her get frustrated while trying on large amounts of cloth was fun.

"Ugh." she said peeling off the dress in front of him not caring anymore to go back into the changing room. God knows there wasn't enough space in there for the insanely long dress.

She stripped to her lace underwear and Levi whistled softly as he loosened his collar. It was getting hot in here.

"Like what you see?" asked Vicky with a wink as she approached him on the sofa.

"Love it." he said his breath hitching as she kissed him. "But don't wear this to the wedding. I don't want all the other guys to get jealous."

She laughed and honestly, Levi thought it was the nicest thing in the world.

She was a world famous ethical hacker now, she even owned her own company. She didn't need him, not now not ever.

He was a renowned businessman, way up there with the Dixons and he was loaded. He could have anybody.

Their eyes met and he pulled her onto his lap and carded fingers through her hair.

"I love you Vicky." he said huskily.

"I love you too Levi." she said kissing him again.

Levi was glad he had bought the whole store last year as Vicky started to get rid of his excess clothing.

"So Mr. CEO, care to have a romp in the trial room?" she asked stepping away once he was down to his boxers.

"Certainly," he said his throat drying up. It was hard to believe even after all these years, how much they still craved each other. "Lead the way."

But he didn't want anyone else and she wanted only him.

Now and forever.

***

A/N : Thank you for reading! :)

Did you like the epilogue? Would you like an extended version?

Let me know your thoughts :)

Lots of love,
Andy