CHAPTER 18

Axky didn't have a good feeling about this.

Walt Games enterprise was having their fifth nightmare in a month. Another system had crashed.

Again.

As head of data security, Axky had no way of retrieving the data they had just lost and was angrier than he cared to show.

Who was this nuisance challenging his position? Axky swore he would find this person and send him/her straight to trial and retrieve the data they had stolen successfully. Even if it was the last thing he ever did.

He was in charge of security and what had he done so far? Let some idiot steal priceless information with next to zero resistance. He didn't even have any penetrable loopholes in his codes to his knowledge, then how was their data being hacked?

The police had been notified, but honestly, they were in the habit of consulting Axky when such cases arrived not the other way around.

Axky looked wearily at the computer system inside a guarded cubicle. Their most coveted game, preparing for launch a month later was thankfully undamaged.

Whoever was trying to sabotage Walt Games still hadn't been able to land the final blow. Yet.

He had an unsettling thought...what if there was someone smarter than him, someone better at hacking than him out there? For now it certainly looked like there was.

Axky solemnly decided he needed to meet the company President and get some questions answered. He didn't care how busy the man was.

***

"You were making out!" accused Gary as soon as he looked at Vicky's messed up hair and dulled lip gloss.

"Victoria Fannington do you not know better than to be deflowered on your first date?" demanded Jason looking livid. No doubt he inherited this reaction from Brielle.

"Deflowered?" she asked trying to suppress a laugh.

"Did he force you?" asked Gary pushing past her with his baseball bat. "I am going to kill him."

"Um guys, it's okay really," said Vicky, blushing furiously and trying to calm the boys down. "I wanted to ... I mean I wanted to make out with him."

Levi, who had taken refuge behind behind the door sighed audibly before stepping out to greet the boys.

"Hey." he said coming in full view of the twins. "I'm Levi. Don't think we've met before."

They gaped at his crumpled shirt and messy hair.

"OH MY GOD!" cried Jason horror

"How do you want to die?" asked Gary taking a couple of menacing steps towards Levi.

"I don't really plan to do that so soon." said Levi giving an easy smile to the boys.

Jason fumed. Why was this cheeky boy not intimidated?

"You and us. Man to men. Outside now." ordered Jason swinging his bat and beckoning Levi.

Levi nodded cheerfully.

"Sure." he said merrily as he followed the shell-shocked boys outside. "Stay here okay Vicky? We'll be back real soon."

Jason and Gary scoffed. "Yeah right Romeo." said Gary.

"You stay inside Vicky." said Jason glaring at Levi mercilessly. "This might get bloody."

Vicky stared after them as they disappeared into the back garden hoping the three didn't hurt each other.