Chapter 13: The Benefit Part 1

*Zayn's POV*

Tonight was the benefit, there was to be a dinner then speeches then we preformed. Management sent our stylists to our flat to help Niall, Scarlet and I get ready for the nights events. We would meet Harry, Louis, Liam, Lisa, Danielle, Eleanor and Lex in the limo that management sent to pick us up.

Niall and I were in the living room while Scarlet was in her room with one of our stylist, Brook.

"You know, you should tell Scarlet how you feel." Niall said as his stylist ran gel through his hair.

"Are you kidding me? She can't stand me Niall. Telling her how I feel will just make things awkward. Plus Chase an her still have a thing going on, don't they?"

"I don't believe so...she ignores all his attempts at talking to her. I don't know why they broke up this time."

"Probably because she finally figured out she deserves better."

"Well whatever the reason, she's single now...so." Niall said as he adjusted his jacket in front of the mirror.

Cindy, another one of our stylist tightened the tie around my neck, and straightened my collar. She turned me to face the mirror. I wore a black tux with a skinny black tie. My hair was in it's normal quiff.

"There," Cindy said smoothing out my jacket. "You two will be the hottest things there!"

"I don't know about that..." I heard Brook say as she appeared from the hallway. I turned around to see Brook with a wide smile as she stepped to the side.

Scarlet stepped out from behind Brook and my breath was taken away. She wore a long nude dress that wrapped around one shoulder that sparkled under the light. She had her long brown hair pulled back into a messy bun with soft pieces hanging down framing her face. Her nude heals made her normal 5'4 frame now 5'7. She had brown shadows shaded around her eyes making her beautiful blue green orbs pop.

She looked beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She smiled as she averted her eyes to the ground and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. I could tell she was nervous with all the eyes in the room on her. It made her look cute the way her cheeks blushed when he looked up.

Her eyes met mine, I quickly closed my mouth that was hanging open. She let out a small laugh. Her laugh was one of the best sounds I've ever heard.

"What?" she whispered.

"Wow, Scar you look-" Niall began.

"-Beautiful." I finished, dazed my Scarlet's appearance. My eyes widened. Oh god. Did I just say that out loud. Scarlet giggled again.

"Thanks." she said looking into my eyes. I couldn't breath, she literally took my breath away.

"So," Niall spoke. "The boys will be here soon."

"Oh, right." I remembered about the benefit.

"Come on." Scarlet said

Looping her arms through Niall and my out stretched arms.

~~~

When we arrived at the benefit, the driver got out of the limo, and hurried around to open our door. Everyone got out with there respective dates. Scarlet and I were the last ones out of the limo.

She fiddled with her fingers in her lap. I could tell she was getting nervous. I placed my hand over hers and squeezed. Her innocent eyes met mine.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked quietly.

"I'm not nervous..." she whispered.

"You always fiddle with your fingers when you're nervous." I retorted.