Chapter 2: First Impressions

I proceeded to pick up my books and sling my multiple bags over my shoulder and walk away.

“Hey!” the stranger called to me.

I turned to him, “What.” I stared blankly back at him.

“Don’t you have something to tell me?” he insisted.

Typical, just because he’s good hot, he thinks the world owns him something. Wait, did I just say that…

“Like…”

“Like sorry?”

“Sorry?” I scoffed. “You ran over me!”

He furrowed his brow, and opened his mouth to protest, stepping forward. I raised my eyebrow at him slightly opening my mouth, dumbfounded. Just then he closed his mouth and his forehead returned to its normal flawless self. The corner of his mouth turned upward revealing his bright white teeth that contrasted well with his tanned skin.

“Do you know who I am?” He questioned. Who does this guy think he is anyway? What an ass. Do I know who he is? Yeah I did, he was the jack ass who knocked me over!

“Should I?”

“You must not be from around here...” he said, reassuring himself more than me. God this guy’s ego was off the charts!

“What gave it, away, my American accent or that fact that I’m not bowing at your feet.” I said sarcastically. He looked taken aback.

Suddenly a curly haired boy, a blonde boy, a boy in a striped shirt, and one with big brown eyes ran around the corner.

“There you are!” Curly said.

“We thought we lost you mate!” the boy with the brown eyed said, breathless.

“Who’s this?” the blonde one piped in, nodding at me.

“She’s pretty.” The boy in the striped shirt stated, leaning his arm on Curly-Qs, who was staring at me with a small smirk playing at his lips.

“Uh…this is, this is…I don’t know who she is.” The idiot who knocked me flat on my butt said, eyeing my up and down. I saw a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

“I’m Scarlet McCormack, and this idiot,” I said pointing at the stranger who ran in to me, “Just ran me over, and he thinks I owe him an apology!”

“Zayn?” the blonde boy questioned him in a strong Irish accent. Zayn…interesting.

“well-,” Zayn began to protest throwing his arms up, but was cut off by the brown eyed boy.

“I am terribly sorry, Scarlet…” he slowed down checking my name. I nodded and he continued. “I don’t know what  Zayn is thinking. I’m Liam, that’s Harry,” he said pointing to the one with the curly hair who waved and smiled at me. “This is Louis,” he shoved his thumb at Striped Shirt standing next to him who moved his hand back and forth excitedly. “You obviously know Zayn,” he said harshly nodding at the black haired boy, who simply nodded. “And this is Niall.” Liam said patting the blonde haired boy on the back.

“Nice to meet cha!” Niall smiled.

“Hi.” I said back, mostly to Niall because he seemed so nice and made me smile.

“And we’re One Direction!” Louis screamed, throwing his hand up but quickly dropped them and blushed when all the boys turned to stare at him. “Oh, we aren’t doing that in this situation…”

“You must be American.” Harry said, noticing my confusion.

“Guilty!” I said rolling my eyes with a smile and shrugging.

One Direction? Oh! That silly boy band Lex is obsessed with…that explains all the screaming girls.

The schools bell tower rang six times, echoing its heavy bell through the campus.

“dammit.” I said under my breath.

“What is it love?” Louis asked.

“Nothing, I just missed the field that’s all.” I said disappointedly.

“What for?”  Harry questioned.

“Because he ran me over!” I said pointing to Zayn. He looked as if he were about to begin protesting again but Liam nudged his elbow into Zayn’s side, making him immediately shut his mouth grunting.

“ No,” Harry said laughing. “I meant for what sport?”

“Oh.” I blushed. “Soccer.”

 “You really are American!” Louis shouted.

“You’re the girl from California right?” Liam cut off Louis before he went on a tangent.

“Yeah.” I smiled at him. My eyes flashed to Zayn. He stood in the background looking at me. What a freak.

“She’s supposed to be really good!” Niall beamed. Gosh I liked this kid.

“Oh I don’t know about tha-,”

“You’re being modest.” Liam cut in. “Why else would the Headmaster recruit you?”

“I-,”

“Hey want to come with us to dinner?” Harry suggested out of the blue. “You’re new and you’re free now?”

I looked at all the boys, their faces eager and excited. Everyone except Zayn. What was this guy’s problem? They seemed nice enough. And I could use the company; Lex was going to be staying at the school late working on her poetry. Plus I did miss the field times; the gate was sure to be closed now. I nodded my head smiling.

“Why not, I’m so hungry, I could eat am elephant!” I joked walking towards them. Niall swung his arm around my shoulder; the other boys, excluding Zayn (of course), took my bags and books from my hands.

“I can tell we’re gonna be great friends!” He smiled, his Irish accent wrapping around me.

Yeah, I felt it too, these boys and I were gonna be the best of friends. Especially Niall with his chippery attitude and warm accent. Zayn on the other hand, I feel is going to be the excetion…once again.

............................................................................................................................................

Hey, so hoped you enjoyed it!!!!! Oh and if you couldn't tell, I chaned the main characters name from Emily to Scarlet.

please give me some feed back, it would be much appreciated! Thanks for the read!

vote, comment, fan, and whateva...if ya liked it that is.:)

-Juliet

ps im trying to update everyday, however this weeka nd next wear is AP testing so i have to study aswell. BUT! I shall try to update eeerrrr day!