Chapter 8: Familiar Faces

*Scarlet’s POV*

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP….BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP…

I slap at the alarm clock blaring in my ear. Ugh, school starts today. Great. I drag myself out of bed, pulling myself to my bathroom door. It’s too early for this. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. My hands fall on to the faucet and turn the knobs until cold water fills the sink. I splash a couple hand fulls of water on my face, instantly waking me up. I then proceed to get ready for the long day that awaits me at school. Ugh.

I pull my natural wavy hair into two clips on either side of my head. I let the rest of my long brown hair flow over my shoulders and down my back. Yep. That’s as good as it’s going to get. I sigh as I slip into my school uniform, that’s one down side to attending a private school in England, you have two wear uniforms. I felt like I was walking he corridors of Hogwarts. Fortunately the school gives you various options to mix and match. Today I decided on a white button down that tucked neatly into a grey skirt that ended just above my knees. I wore sheer black tights and brown oxfords. Over this I slipped on a grey cardigan which sported the schools maroon crest embroidered on the chest. I hated uniforms. I applied some foundation to cover the bruise that still framed my eye, along with brown shadows that I lightly dusted over my eyelids. I applied a few coats of mascara and dusted a pink blush over my cheeks. I finished the look with a nude lip gloss. Done.

As I exited my room I slung my book bag over my shoulder. I walked down the hallway to meet Niall and Zayn sitting on the island stools waiting for me. Empty bowls and plates were pushed aside. Book bags lay carelessly on the floor slouched against the stool legs. Elbows rested on the counter lazily.

“Finally!” Louis yelled. I turned to find Louis, Liam and Harry sprawled over the couches in the living room.

“What took so long?” Harry whined, throwing his hands in the air letting them fall back down, landing on a very tired looking Liam propped up against the couch.

I walk slowly over to Niall and place my head on his shoulder. He hands me his half eaten muffin after taking one last bite and slings his arm around me.

            “You alright Love?” he whispers in to my ear.

I nod not wanting to explain my fight with Zayn last night. I took a bite of the muffin and looked around the room at the tired faces. The boys are all in chinos and some variation of the allowed uniform. Niall wore a white polo shirt and a maroon cardigan with the schools crest, a pair of matching maroon converse covered his feet. Liam and Harry both wore white chucks. However harry wore a maroon blazer which held the schools crest, over a white button down shirt and a maroon tie was tied loosely around his neck, where as Liam wore a white button down with a maroon tie, both tucked under a grey v-neck sweater that held the schools crest. Louis simply wore brown boat shoes with a white button down. Thin brown suspenders wrapped down his shoulders.

Then there was Zayn. I could hardly look at him without getting furious. He wore maroon high top Nike’s. His chinos where cuffed at the bottom. He wore a grey cardigan with the schools crest on the chest. The sleeves were rolled up revealing the cuffed white button down underneath. His tie hung loose, revealing the shadowed hollows that attracted my eyes to this neck. You could see his toned muscles under the fabric that clung to his body. My eyes traveled upward meeting his. He smirked as I looked away quickly, my eyes found the other boys. Their muscles could be seen under their clothes too. “Then why did you notice Zayn’s first?” a little voice in my head questioned me. Stupid Zayn. The fact that I was thinking about his stupid muscles made me mad.