Chapter 6: A Night In

*Zayn’s POV*

She threw her bag by the door as she swung it shut behind her. She tossed her muddy cleats at the walls and ran around the corner to meet us. She slid on the kitchen tiles due to her soccer socks that hung lazily at her ankles, coming to a complete stop as she caught herself on the island.

“Scarlet’s here.” Harry stated plainly as he stared at Scarlet’s flushed face. Her dark brown ponytail was hanging low on her head, fly-away and baby hairs were either sticking up or glued to her forehead from sweat. Her grey shirt was made dark in the middle of her chest and in the small of her back. The front of her shirt was tucked into her rolled up black Addidas shorts that fell just past her toned upper thigh. Mud covered her socks, her legs, her clothes, her arms and her face. She flashed a huge smile, her pearly white teeth contrasting heavily with her muddy appearance. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She looked…she…looked…good. Her toned legs, her firm butt, her flat stomach, the sweat that glistened off her neck and disappeared down her shirt, the way her practice clothes clung to her body in all the right places. Even the mud that streaked her body accented her stature. Why am I noticing this now?  Why haven’t I noticed this before?  Lisa, Dani and Eleanor pushed their plates aside and joined Scarlet in front of us. They hugged each other and jumped around in a circle screaming and yelling about something. God only knows what because you couldn’t understand a word they were saying or yelling, rather. We all stared at them confused.  

“I’m guessing it was a good practice?” Liam cut in poking his fork into his stake cutting it with his knife. The girls began to talk at the same time.

“Yeah, but not what we’re excited about!” Scarlet finally said once the others quieted down. “Guess what?” she continued excitedly.

“Oh. My. God.” Louis mimicked his best American accent. “Tell me everything!” he shoved his plate aside and stuck his hand under his chin looking at Scarlet with wide eyes. Harry proceeded to pick off Louis plate. I chuckled.

“Guess who’s transferring to our school!” Scarlet practically yelped. The other girls squealed with excitement. We all stared at each other blankly. Niall raised his eye brow at me and I returned his confusion. Liam, Louis, and Harry’s expressions mirrored ours. When we didn’t answer the girls screamed in unison;

“LEX!” and continued the yell amongst themselves.

“Calm down!” Liam insisted putting his hands up pushing down on imaginary breaks.

“Calm down?” Lisa questioned looking at Liam as if he was stupid.

“Calm down?” Eleanor repeated, just as shocked.

“How are we supposed to calm down when our best friend is moving back to London?” Dani put her hands on Liam’s shoulders and shook him lightly. He laughed and placed his hands on top of hers, kissing her nose. I turned back to my plate and shoved a spoon full of mashed potatoes in my mouth. Their lovey-doveyness made me sick.

*Scarlet’s POV*

After my shower, the rest of the night, was filled with us girls talking about what we were going to do once Lex got here and the boys talking about their annual charity Halloween costume party the boys held at Club Run. It was a month away but it was a big star-studded event that they started planning months in advance for. We all sat around in the living room slouched over couches and chairs, drinking beers chatting the night away.

Niall sat on the floor, his arm wrapped around Lisa, whose head lay on his shoulder. One hand held her waste the other held a beer. I sat on the couch with my feet on Niall’s lap, my legs draped over his shoulder. I played with Harry’s curly hair that filled my lap. He made funny faces causing me to let a small chuckle out every once in a while. His legs were crossed over the arm of the couch. He would hand me his beer to drink occasionally. Zayn sat opposite of the couch in the reclining chair with a beer in his right hand and throwing pretzels in to Niall’s mouth with the other. The he and Niall let out a victory call every time he made one in, thrusting their fists in the air triumphantly. Liam and Danielle sat tangled together on the love seat whispering to each other. Zayn would throw a pretzel at them every couple of minutes to mess with them. Louis sat with his back up against the love seat with Eleanor lying in his lap drifting in and out of sleep as he sipped on a beer trying to smack the pretzels out of the air.

After about ten minutes since the last one, Zayn threw a pretzel towards Liam and Dani. Liam abruptly turned his head opened his mouth and caught it.  We all stared at him in awe.

“Woah!” Niall whispered. It was silent. We all looked at one another. All of a sudden we broke out in to applause and cheering as Liam took a bow.

“And with that closing trick, Dani and I shall be leaving, we bid you ado.” Liam said mocking a posh accent.

“Yeah, El is falling asleep over here.” Louis added. “We better go too.”

“And I have the key to our flat.” Harry said jumping off the couch following Louis, El, Liam and Dani to the door.

“See ya bright and early for school mates.” Liam sighed and closed the door behind him.

“I should get Lisa home.” Niall said helping a very tired Lisa off the floor. “I’ll be home later. Don’t wait up.”

And with that Zayn and I were left alone.

............................................................................................................................................

How do you guys like the diffrent POV's? Would you like POV's from diffrent characters too? Let me know!

thanks for reading!

-Juliet:)