Chapter 3: New Roommate

*7 months later*

"There," Niall said adjusting the picture on the wall "finished."

He stepped back and held his hands in front of him forming a rectangle with his fingers.

"Perfect." he stated peering through his fingers. I walked up behind him and slung my arm around his neck pulling him near me. I pecked his cheek with my lips.

"Perfect." I repeated into his ear.

A throat cleared itself behind us, we spun around to meet its owner leaning against the door frame. I rolled my eyes at Zayn, whose black hair was hidden under a maroon beanie. He wore a grey v-neck with dark washed jeans and a pair of maroon converse. His arms were crossed over his chest as his shoulder leaned against the wooden frame.

“I hate to interrupt this little moment," he said sarcastically "but I’m going out, Niall need anything?” his thick Bradford accent filled my new room.

“Uh,” Niall thought. “No, I think I’m fine, Scar need anything?”

“Like Zayn would get it.” I scoffed.

“Damn straight.” Zayn reinforced.

I rolled my eyes at him and turned my attention back to the picture hanging on the wall. It was my favorite picture of Niall and me. It was taken my Lex backstage just after One Direction won their first Brit. Niall was bent at the knees catching me as I jumped in to his arms. He held me tight, one hand around my waste pulling me close, the other was tangled in my long brown hair holding my head to him, while burying his face into my neck with a huge smile. My smile was open from laughing and showed my teeth. My arms were wrapped tight around his neck.

I loved that picture, although it did spark rumors that him and I were dating. Which we aren't. In fact, Niall had a girlfriend. They kept there relationship a secret from the public eye because Niall didn't want her to receive hate. Her name was Lisa, and her and Niall were perfect for each other. It was obvious they loved each other. If he wasnt talking to her, he was talking about her. I hadn't told Niall this, but I had a feeling she was the one.

“You two promised you would try to get along!” Niall protested.

“He started it!” I retorted pointing at Zayn

“She started it.” Zayn said at the same time.

“It’s hopeless.” Niall laughed while bringing his hand to his forehead.

“Anyway, I’m not gonna be back until late, I have a…uh…date.” Zayn said.

“A date or another whore?” I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

“None of your business, Harlot,” I winced at the nick name. He had been calling me that for the past seven months now, just because I got back with my ex boyfriend after I caught him cheating. But in my defense he’s changed…right?

“But!” Zayn continued “I’m not saying I won’t get lucky tonight.” He high fived Niall, who laughed when I punched him in the shoulder.

“What, Scar, he’s still my boy.” He looked at me sheepishly.

“I need to get away from the stupidity in this room right now.” I said rolling my eyes at him as walked out of the room, giving Zayn a forced smile and a thumbs up as I passed him.

“Have fun with Chase!” Zayn shouted over his shoulder.

“Shove it Zayn.” I yelled back.

“I plan to babe.” He and Niall high fived again. With that I slipped into my coat grabbed my purse and my keys, leaving the apartment, slamming the door behind me.

“What a pig.” I said under my breath as I walked down the hall of the Niall’s apartment, er, our apartment building. It was weird not living with Lex on campus anymore. But when she got a Scholarship to attend an art school in New York, I didn’t want to live by myself. So Niall, being the best friend that he is, asked me to move in with him. Although, it meant I would have to live with Zayn too, I accepted his offer. One, because I wouldn't have to pay for room and board, and two, because Niall was my best friend and living with hum would b great, despite Zayn's presence. Niall and I had become very close over the past seven months, he was like the brother that…that I lost. He was the best friend that I’ve ever had. Well Lex and him, but still I felt safe with Niall, I loved him and he loved me.

            Zayn on the other hand, was an idiot. We don’t get along well, obviously. Our attitudes don’t mesh well. When we first met I hadn’t gawked at him like every other girl would have, and I still don’t. He hates it, I can tell. Sure he’s good looking...really, really good looking…those beautiful eyes and his sexy hair and his arms and that body…Woah! Snap out of it! Okay, so what if he’s totally gorgeous, his personality ruins it, not to mention his disgusting smoking habit and the way he goes through girls like he goes through condoms. What an idiot. An idiot that I now live with…great.