28-On the bridge

Two days ago.

The match was only two days away,and Jace had been ignoring me for three entire days.

I walked up to my locker putting the digits on,I was thinking of so many things at once that I didn’t even notice the guy that was running straight towards me.It only took five seconds for him to bump into me and leave me on the floor.

“A-hole!”I cursed,he didn’t even apologize.

“You look like a mess.”I hear from above me.I look up only to grimace at the sight of Eric.

“You look like a pain in the ass.”

“You shouldn’t say such mean words to guy that is offering you help.”He smirked extending his hand out for me.

“I didn’t ask for your help.”I say getting up by myself.I stumble a little but Eric manage to catch me.

His piercing gaze seemed to be once again seeing my soul,making me fidget in his arms at the sudden discomfort.I adverted my gaze from his only to catch Jace’s.He was standing by his locker his friends at his side as he looked at Eric and I with an expressionless face.I quickly got out of Eric’s hold but Jace had already turned his back on us.

I sigh,this couldn’t get anymore complicated.

“Trouble in paradise.”

“It’s none of your business.”I glare at him.

“But I could make it mine.”

I slowly turn facing him. “What’s your deal man?I get it that you find me ‘fascinating’.”I made air quotes with my finger. “But really,piss off.”I slam my locker shut.

“I don’t think you want me too.”I hear him say as I make my way to my next class.I choose to ignore him.

After a long day at school,with Jace who has been avoiding me,the bell finally rang to signal it’s end.

I made my way to the parking lot and hopped on my bike.It was nice to ride it again,I felt like I was missing some adrenaline rush lately.

I had decided to visit my father,I needed to see him even though he might not see me,to touch him even if he might not feel it,to tell him that I loved him,even if he might not hear it or be able to say it back...

I made my way in the hospital,announcing to the nurse that I came for a visit.I didn’t wait for her to show me the way.I knew it already.

—Present day

The crowd was roaring with excitement as the nerves rippled all over my body.I was ready to enter the arena,I could feel my heart beating a mile an hour.

A crew guy announced me that I will be up in five minutes.