Chapter Fourteen

I didn't realise the severity of my accusation until the questioning began. I was interviewed by a handful of different cops asking mostly the same question. There was no going back now, if I told them I was lying I could be charged. I couldn't stop my palms from sweating or my teeth from chattering out of fear. It was all so official. They even told me they were going to record what I said so that that I couldn't go back on my word.

"Okay now tell me what happened from the very beginning" The female cop said very nicely. "Okay.." I said taking a deep breath. "It started around about Christmas time, I remember because there was so much snow around the place. I had never liked Nash, he always made me feel really uncomfortable" I said focusing on my hands so I didn't have to look the lady directly in the eye. "Would you go as far as to say unsafe?" She inquired. "Yeah that's exactly what I mean, he made me feel unsafe" I said fidgeting with my hands.

"One night, I was over at Hayes' for dinner" I started. "Would this be a regular occurance?" She asked me. "Yes, but this time was different because Hayes' parents were going out which left the 3 of us alone" I said. "The 3 of you, as in you Hayes and Nash?" She asked me to confirm. "Yes" I answered back. "While we were eating dinner with Hayes' parents, Nash put his hand on my thigh which made me feel really uncomfortable" I told them. "Did you tell anyone about this?" She asked. "No, I've never told anyone" I said which was the truth. "Then later when Hayes' parents left. Nash threw himself onto me" I told them. "Did he force you into sexual intercourse?" She asked frowing at me. "No. He just kissed me but I told him not to" I said trying to stop my shaking leg.

"Keep going" The policewoman told me. "The next day I went back to Hayes' but he had to leave for a football and Nash offered to drive me home and he kissed me again in the car but I told him no but he did it anyways. Then one day he followed me to school and I got in the car and he kissed me again. After that he just threw himself onto my whenever Hayes wasn't around" I said, half mumbling. "So when did he actually rape you?" She asked. I looked up to her, tears beginning to stream down my face. Only because I knew whatever I said next was going to ruin Nashs' life forever.

I sighed deeply, trying to make the words come out. "It was one day when we were at Hayes' and we were in his pool. I went into the kitchen to get a drink and Nash followed me. He pinned me against the wall and.." I said not able to get the words out. "And he raped you?" She asked and I nodded. "Sorry, you're going to have to say the words for the recording" She said giving me a sympathetic look. "Yes, then he raped me" I said, my voice cracking slightly.

"Was this the only time?" She questioned me. "No, it was a regualar thing" I said. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" She asked me. "I was scared, I was scared Hayes was going to break up with me" I said the tears still streaming. "What made you come in here today?" She asked me. "Well it had been going on for a few months and I had just had enough. So I asked Hayes to meet me in the park and I was going to tell him. I broke up with him first because I thought it would be easier to tell him that way. But then he got mad and I never got the chance. Then when he got home, Nash told him that I was cheating on him with Nash for the last few months which wasn't true. Then Hayes got really mad at me. Nash came over after that and raped me again. That's what set me off and I came here straight after" I said this was the last sentence I got out before I began crying hysterically. 

"I think that's enough questions for today" She said turning off the recording device. "Honey, it's okay we're going to help you. I know this is a hard time for you but you have to be strong. This may go to trial, most likey it will. So just prepare yourself to tell the story you told me over and over" She said and I nodded.

"We had to call your parents, they're waiting outside" She said and my stomach dropped. I walked out and my parents embraced me into their arms. "I'm going to kill him!' My dad said between his teeth. "We recommend you don't, it won't help your case" The cop said without a hint of sarcasm. "Let's get you home, it's been a long day" My parents said as they led me to the car.

I spent the next few hours, telling my parents what 'happened' by the time I got to bed all I wanted to do was sleep or cry or both. I heard a knock on the door and looked at the clock it was 12am. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's Hayes" The voice said and I swear my heart stopped for a split second.

What a psycho, do you think Hayes will believe Nash or Emily? Tell me in the comment!