Chapter 45 - "If I hurt myself, you'll hurt too."

DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW THE CHARACTERS ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE UPDATES:

@ niall.ymnn @ olivia.ymnn @ jake.ymnn @ zara.ymnn

---

Previously in chapter 44:
She pointed over her shoulder. "Your book shelf used to be full. Now there's only a few books you left behind and a photo of you and Niall from prom."

"It's from the winter formal." I corrected her. "I used to hide it whenever he came over because I didn't want to scare him off."

"Nothing could scare him off... wait, where is he, by the way?" She grinned.

"Niall is at Jake's parents place, thanks for asking." I said, giving her a look.

She continued to grin.

"So the book is fine then?" She asked.

"It is. I have a pile of books back home that I'm going to read next. This one will be at the top of my list." 

------------------

Niall came by the mall to pick me up after I had been out with my sister. She was meeting up with her boyfriend before the party, so we decided we'd meet back home in two hours.

Niall drove us back to his mother's place because she had asked him to come by to say goodbye. She and Brian are going to Paris for a few days and they're leaving first thing in the morning. It was nice hearing Niall asking his mom where Jayden would stay, because that way I knew he cared.

He opened the car door for me, and placed his arm around my shoulders as we approached the red house. He was in an awfully good mood, and I wasn't sure why. Not that it was a bad thing, just unusual.

"Mom?" He called out as we stepped inside.

"In the kitchen!" Maura yelled back.

After hanging our jackets on the same hook on the wall, Niall took my hand in his and walked further into the house. Jayden were sitting in the couch, watching something on the TV and Brian were nowhere to be found at the moment.

My mother-in-law greeted both of us with hugs and told us that Brian would be here any minute. Niall sat down on a barstool by the kitchen island and pulled me towards him so I stood in between his knees. His arms rested around my waist and I played with his fingers a little, while listening to his mother. She was rather excited about visiting France and I told her all about our trip there in March, and Niall just smiled, leaning his chin upon my shoulder.

Soon enough Brain came home, greeted us with a huge smile. He placed four boxes of pizza on the kitchen island, and Jayden suddenly looked up.

"Pizza-time!" Jay exclaimed and rushed towards the dining room.

I laughed and joined him, ruffling his hair on my way past him. He smiled brightly at me and Niall helped carrying the pizzas into the room.

"Just one big happy family." Maura smiled as she and Brian entered the room.

After the pizza I went to the bathroom, and as I left I heard the four of them laughing in the next room. I smiled to myself and looked to the side, seeing the door to Niall's old bedroom was ajar. I went inside, and the smile remained on my lips because it looked just the same. Those few times I've been here since Niall and I got back together, we've never been in his room. So it was nice to know Maura kept it the way he left it.