Chapter 15 - "You're on cloud nine."

DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW THE CHARACTERS ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE UPDATES

@ niall.ymnn @ olivia.ymnn @ jake.ymnn @ zara.ymnn

---------------------

Gif of Olivia.

----------------------

Previously in chapter 14:
"Franklin must be drunk." I said.

"No, he's completely sober. He's driving your dad's car tonight."

"Okay, repeat exactly what my brother told you about Niall."

"They were on the same football team, right?"

I nodded.

"And apparently guys share some stuff in the locker room. Franklin said this was around January, and he was on his way out when he heard Niall telling a friend he had slept with this Cassi girl during winter break, even though he was seeing you."

----------------------------------------------

March 17, 2019

The next morning I left the flat before Zara and Marcus woke up. I was heading to Niall's flat because the thought of him cheating on me had kept me up all night. Marcus slept the entire night with one arm around my waist.

I was planning on paying Niall a quick visit to confront him about this Cassi girl.

It was around nine in the morning when I knocked on his door. A couple of minutes later he opened it, wearing only a pair of sweatpants.

"Olivia?" He mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

I threw his leather jacket in his face and took a step inside.

"Okay, what's wrong? Why are you at my place this early?"

I turned around and crossed my arms, staring at him.

"Did you sleep with some girl called Cassi Tillman when we were together?"

He just stared at me for a few seconds before laughing right in my face.

"Cassi and I go way back."

"Just answer the damn question, Niall. I'm not in the mood."

"Who even told you that?"

My heart stung.

"So it's true?"

He sighed, hanging his jacket on a hook on the wall.

"Technically we weren't together at the time, so you can't be mad at me. I didn't cheat."

"Oh my god."

I turned my back towards him and felt tears building up behind my eyelids.

"When?" I mumbled without turning back.

"Late in December... a couple of days before New Years."

I quickly turned back to him.

"A couple of days before you told me you loved me?" I exclaimed. "How can you not call that cheating?"

He sighed again, walking past me to sit down on his bed.

"It's not my one of my proudest moments, okay? I freaked out because you were in love with me, and I didn't except you to fall for me. So I panicked and did some stuff I regret."

"Were you lying to me on New Years then? Because if you actually loved me, you wouldn't have been freaked out by mutual feelings!"

"Of course I didn't lie when I said I love you on New Years! How stupid do you think I am?"