Chapter 18 - "Sad, but beautiful."

I'M BACK! And if you read my announcement in my latest update, I've been nominated for The Fanfiction Awards 2017! You can nominate your favourite books until January 29th! "Crush Him" goes under 'Best Niall Horan Fanfic' so if you want to nominate it you can go to and go to their latest book and read the rules and do an inline comment :) 

---

Previously in chapter 17:
"Maybe... you can take Maddie's place tonight? I'm sure she's fine with sleeping in the single bed."

"Sure, I'll sleep next to you as long as we agree that this doesn't mean anything. I'm not interested in any drama."

"Of course not. I would never sleep with you."

"Ouch."

"Not like that." She giggled, slapping me on the arm. "Because you're my best friend's ex. It would be wrong. But a meaningless kiss is fine, I hope."

"She has Marcus, so she has no right to get jealous anyway." I shrugged.

"But maybe we should keep this a secret, just in case."

"Let's keep it a secret."

---------------------------

I woke up the next day when someone named Jake Foster smashed a pillow in my head. A groan escaped my mouth and it took me a few seconds to adjust to the light.

"Move your ass, we'll be late for breakfast." He said, glancing next to me before leaving the room along with Maddie.

I turned to my side, seeing Katelyn waking up next to me.

"My head hurts." She mumbled.

"Yeah, well at least you didn't get a pillow in your head just now." I told her as I sat up in the bed.

We got dressed, barely speaking to each other and left the room quietly. The short lift ride down to the restaurant was just as quiet. And it bothered me because all we did last night was kiss and sleep in the same bed. Why things were so awkward between us was a mystery to me.

Olivia was the first one I saw when we stepped into the breakfast restaurant. She was sitting by one of the tables with her head in her hands. I could hear her talking but I couldn't understand what she was saying. Marcus sat next to her, stroking her back while talking to Alex. From my judgement Olivia wasn't talking to her boyfriend, but talking to Casper.

"I really don't feel like eating." Katelyn mumbled next to me, as we made our way towards the tables.

"Then don't." I coldly answered and pulled out the chair next to Vicky.

"What are the plans for today?" Zara asked, trying to get everyone's attention.

"I wanna visit the Louvre Museum." Chloe said.

"And I wanna see the inside of the Eiffel Tower. We only saw the outside the other day." Jake said, sitting down next to me with some breakfast.

"Paris changed you, man. You usually settles for the outside and doesn't care about the inside." I said, trying to be funny.

At least some of them laughed.

"I wanna do some more shopping and try out different restaurants." Vicky said.

"Okay, sounds like we have some choices to make." Zara said, sighing.

"Or we split up in groups, so people can decide for themselves were they wanna go." Marcus suggested. "As long as at least one in the group brings a map. I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and find out someone is missing."