Chapter 14 - In your dreams

Please click the star located somewhere on the screen to vote if you like my story! Also, feel free to leave me some comments as you read. I'd love to hear you feedback and your reactions! :)

***Ahh! It's been a hOt miNuTe since I've updated. I'm on vacation and have been super busy, so my update schedule is a bit wacky. I'll be going home in 2.5 weeks, so hopefully I can post new chapters more frequently. Hope you enjoy!***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

When Garrett and I walked into the classroom, heads turned. Curious pairs of eyes met mine, and I felt my cheeks heat up a bit.

Whispers.

After years of being talked about, my ears grew accustomed to the sounds.

"What is she doing with Garrett?"

"I thought he was dating Alyssa."

"Yeah. I don't know."

"Are they a thing now?"

"I thought she was with that one guy."

"Who?"

"Zachary Anderson."

I instantly looked at the ground as I walked to my usual seat by the window. Zack was already in his next to mine.

He looks mad. But he hasn't moved across the room yet.

YET!!

You're overthinking this, Raven.

I took a deep breath after setting my books onto my desk. "Hey, Zack," I greeted, sliding into my chair.

No reply.

"How are you doing?" I tried again.

He shifted away from me, leaving me a confused mess of emotions. His face was blank and expressionless, his eyes fixed forwards.

He didn't react to me. 

It's like I didn't exist.

"Zack? HelloOoooO?" I prodded him with my finger, which only made him shift his body away from me. 

"Mophead!"

Nothing. 

I groaned internally, giving up. Seriously, why is he ignoring me? Again? We were fine for a solid two weeks! And I even went to his house yesterday....

Memories of yesterday invaded my mind, making me grin like an idiot. Him picking me up off his bed, feeling safe in his strong arms, held tightly against his chiseled chest. The incredible feeling of warmth and butterflies...

"Yo, Raven, what's gotcha smiling like that," asked Jared, who was sitting behind Garrett. 

"Me, you dipshit," responded Garrett. 

I turned to face them, rolling my eyes. "In your dreams."

"OOH, BURN," hooted Carl and Jared, causing Garrett to snort and me to giggle. 

"Aww, come on! Why are you so mean to me?" he pouted. 

I rolled my eyes. Again. 

"You call this mean? Try me," I smirked. 

Garrett started frantically shaking his head. "Nah, I think I'm good," he laughed. "I'm not in the mood to get roasted by the little savage."

I chuckled and returned to working on my assignment, occasionally sneaking glances at Zack. His back was facing me and he looked like he was deeply focused on his work. For real though, why is this boy ignoring me?