Chapter 10 - Sweatshirt

Please click the star located somewhere on the screen to vote if you like my story! Also, feel free to leave me some comments as you read. I'd love to hear you feedback and your reactions! :)

***WARNING: skip the italics part if you get triggered by self harm.**** (You're not missing out on much, just a flashback)

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screeching tires.

Crash.

Scream.

Blood.

Blackness.

She's gone.

I drag the razor across the skin of my wrist. The blood is a reminder of what I've done, taunting me.

She's gone.

Gone from the world.

I will never see her again.

I drag it again

Again

And again

Until my skin is a bloody mess

Until I forget.

***

I wake up and roll off my bed. It's been a week since the accident. I look into the mirror and see the ghost of a person I've become.

My eyes are dark and baggy. My skin is white as paper. My hair sits in a messy bun on top of my head, knotted and greasy like a bird's nest. I refused to eat, the weight loss is very noticeable. My collarbones jut out, and I can see my ribs. I felt so weak and could barely stand. I take a deep breath, exhaling all my feelings before they could overwhelm me. I take a shower, letting the water sting my forming scars, letting the water sting the open wounds. Letting the water sting away the memory, the agony.

***

I'm finally back at school. It's been a whole week. What are they going to think of me?

I walk into the hallway and I'm met by a bunch of stares. Whispers.

More whispers.

I hang my head down low.

Whispers.

They're whispering about me.

"Bitch."

"She has the fucking nerve to show her useless ass? "

"Why is she here?"

"Why the fuck is she alive??"

"It should have been Raven. Not her."

And the sad thing is,

They're right.

A fist knocks me to the ground .

And I don't fight back. I don't have energy. I don't have any muscles.

A kick to my stomach, and I swirl into blackness once again, hearing the screams echo in my ears.

***

"Raven, oh honey, it's okay, it's just a dream." My mom's soothing voice was laced with worry. She was holding me and stroking my back comfortingly in an attempt to calm me down.