Return

I woke up at ten o’clock the next morning, surprised how well the twins slept. They must have been tired since they were woken up in the middle of the night by shattering glass. Jace was still gone, making me lonely again. The twins were waking up and what surprised me was that they didn’t cry at all, which I loved. They just looked up at me with their big, blue and green eyes.

            I smiled down at them, knowing that even with Jace gone, I still had them to keep me company. Rayna broke out into tears and the smell filling in the room, I knew why. I quickly ran and grabbed two diapers, thinking Zack would need changed too. Once I changed both of them, I head downstairs to get them fed along with myself. My stomach growled when the sweet smell of pancakes and bacon filled the air.

            I about died from starvation when a wave of delicious smells filled my nostrils as I entered the kitchen. Gavin and Alia were standing by the oven, kissing each other passionately. I fake gagged and coughed, making a scene. Their eyes snapped to me as I started to laugh. They were so cute. It was like they were made for each other. Gavin had the dark brown hair that was just a bit darker than Alia’s and his eyes were a beautiful blue color which paired perfectly with Alia’s green eyes.

            He nuzzled into her neck, while she blushed, trying to push him away giggling but that didn’t work. She rolled her eyes and kissed him on the lips so he would let go of her. She walked over to me and took Rayna from my arms.

            “Since everyone is at a pack meeting, which is everyone but us, we decided to come and keep you company.” She smiled.

            “Are you third in command? Why aren’t you there?” I asked.

            “Jace told me to stay here and watch over you and the twins.” He replied, flipping over a pancake.

            “Well thank you for breakfast, I really need it.” I smiled, as I placed Zack down in his carrier that I’d left in the kitchen for when I needed to make myself food and couldn’t hold both twins while doing that. Alia did the same and placed Rayna down next to Zack in a pink carrier.

            “No problem, I’d be exhausted if I just had twins and with everything else going on. I wanted to help you out.” She said, giving me a hug.

            Zack must not have liked this because he started to cry. I rolled my eyes and picked him up, causing him to smile. That little brat, he just wanted attention. He reminded me so much of Jace and how he wanted my attention and not anyone else’s.

            “He surely takes after his father.” I muttered, causing Alia and Gavin to laugh.

            I had to eat with Zack attached to my side. Rayna didn’t mind being in the carrier, since she got to watch all of us eat anyways. I’d feed them after I ate. The breakfast was amazing and filled my empty stomach. My mind kept wondering when Jace would be back home. I did just give birth and all. I knew he had pack stuff to do and Jason to deal with, but I needed him too.

            Once I was done eating, all of us decided to put the twins back to bed and then watch a movie to help me relax. I’m sure that they could go back to bed since they were woken up and had a stressful night. Plus, this was their second day in this world and there wasn’t much they could do.