Letter

Jace’s Point of View

            Once we reached the house, I set Izzy down, telling her to head upstairs and I’d be up in about an hour. I had Alpha duties to take care of; even though I told her I just had to fill out paperwork. I didn’t like lying to her, but I was protecting her. What she didn’t know was that I was meeting someone important to make a deal that could save her life. I could hear her tiny footsteps upstairs and that’s when I knew it was okay to leave. I headed out the front door, heading to the meeting place.

            The guards knew I was meeting someone important, they just didn’t know who. I cleared the guards where the meeting place was, so that we could have a private meeting. No one could know about this, not even my own beta and third. If Brent and Gavin knew, they’d probably lock me up for being this stupid. I didn’t care though if it was stupid. All I cared about was keeping my mate safe. I’d do anything for her.

            I approached the spot where we were to meet and that’s when I spotted his shadow, leaning against a tree. It was practically pitch dark, only the stars and the moon lighting the way. I cleared his throat, making the person turn their head, staring at me with an unmistakable smirk on his face.

            “Hello, Jace. Long time no see.” The person greeted.

            “You know why I’m here.” I replied, not bothering to greet him.

            “You are correct. And I’m trying to figure out why you’d risk everything to meet me here.” The man said.

            “Cut the crap, you know why. You’re part of this and I need it stopped. You know where Dillon is and you’re going to tell me where.” I growled, trying to control my wolf from attacking.

            “I’m afraid I don’t know the location of him at the moment, but who knows, information is easy to obtain.” He smirked, making my hands clench into fists.

            “I could take you back to the pack house and force you to tell me.” I threatened, willing to do anything to save Izzy.

            The thought of him being involved with Dillon, infuriated me. We went back a long way, but I’d never try and hurt his mate if he had one. That was the one thing a werewolf could do to truly hurt any mated werewolf. If their mate was in trouble, it would kill them inside. The thought of Izzy being hurt was just unimaginable. She’d always been through enough, let alone having the guy hurt her too.

            “You won’t do that, because then I’ll never give you any information. Over the years, I’ve learned to resist torture. You’d have to kill me before I talked. I highly suggest not taking me as a prisoner, but it’s your choice.” The man said, holding out his hands in surrender. 

            He had a point, I have known him for awhile now and he was a stubborn as a mule. He’d never tell me anything if I forced him too. I only had an hour to deal with this and I was already exhausted from early, I couldn’t torture him all night, so I decided against making him a prisoner.

            “Since you aren’t trying to kill me, I’ll give you some information. I sent Lilly to try and break you and Isabella up. Sadly, that didn’t work. That’s why revenge will have to work in other ways.” He spoke, stunning me.  

           I wondered why my best friend would have ever agreed to doing such a thing. Maybe she really did like me before she left. Or maybe it was because of greed. Or blackmail. The possibilities were endless.