Encounter

Jace’s Point of View

            Why was I such an idiot? My wolf was growling at me for being so stupid and rude to our mate. I was in too much shock to reply to her when he yelled at me. Why did I always screw everything up? I loved Izzy so damn much, but lately it seemed like we hated each other. I replayed the conversation in my head, as I leaned up against a tree, frowning in disgust with myself.

            “Jace, I really don’t care about protection at this point. If Jason or Dillon wanted me, they could get me. What I need is the truth. Is our relationship worth the secrets you’re hiding?” She asked, glaring me, waiting for a response.

            I hesitated, shocked at where we’ve gotten too in the last couple weeks. Everything with Dillon and Jason really ruined our relationship and was tearing us apart. It broke my heart to see her like this and just as I was about to answer, she started yelling again, tears lingering in her baby blue eyes.

            She began to yell and beg that I change my mind, and tell her everything I knew but it was best if she didn’t know. I was looking out for her safety, and she was too stubborn to realize this. If she knew half the things I knew, then it was ruin her. She would be in more danger than ever and would be more worried, and I didn’t want that for her. Though seeing as how angry she was right now, maybe I should tell her something. Before I could think about what to say, I felt her hand come in contact with my face. My mouth dropped opened. She had just slapped me.

            “Go to Hell. I never want to see you again. I hope those secrets were worth our relationship and your family.” She growled, as she whirled around and ran into the house, slamming the door behind her.

            My cheek was throbbing from her slap, and I’d forgotten that she was a white wolf and was stronger than most women that I’ve been with. I frowned, pissed off that I had made her cry and upset her. I punched a nearby tree, splitting open my knuckles, but I didn’t care. I wondered if the secrets I had were really worth all this drama. I loved Izzy so much and never wanted this. Why couldn’t we have a normal life?

            I snapped out of my memories of that, only angering myself even more. I looked at the tree I was leaning against to see that it was the one I had created a huge hole in. I wasn’t near the pack house now, but in the middle of the woods, wanting to be alone. If I went back to the house, I’d destroy everything and I didn’t want to do that.

            “Jace?” A voice echoed, and I turned around to see my baby sister standing in front of me, her arms crossed.

            “Where is she?” I snapped, knowing she knew where Izzy was.

            “I’m not telling you. She needs time to cool off and seeing that you’re being an asshole to her, I don’t blame her for leaving.” She replied, her hatred radiating off her.      

            “Damn it, I’m trying to protect her. She doesn’t need to know my secrets because in the end it will end up hurting her.” I snapped back, not liking being yelled at by my sister. She rolled her eyes at me and began to walk away, leaving me alone.