running together

^^A pic my friend sent me to make me jealous 😤😤 it's cool tho

Enjoy!! <Didn't revise sorry :( >

•••

I was sitting on my bed, watching TV, when I heard someone yell from outside my window.

"I don't wanna be in this family!" And heard running.

"What? Who even does that?" I mumbled to myself as I scampered to my window.

I saw a boy about my age running away from what seemed like his family.

I wanted to follow him, out of curiosity.. of course.

"M-mama! I'm leaving! I'll be back soon!" I yelled, my voice echoing through the house.

I ran out my door, as well through the front door. As I stepped outside I what I thought was the boy, running straight into me.

He immediately got up and put his hand out to me.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I was just-"

"Its okay." I said, grabbing his hand, and he pulled me up.

He stared at me for a moment too long, "Hey, can you help me with something?"

Before I could answer, he grabbed my hand and ran off.

"Where are we going?!" I yelled through all the music.

We stopped in the plaza, and he looked around for someone- or something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I-I need a guitar-to play in the talent show!"

"You don't have one?"

"Yeah I do, I just need three more because I'm a greedy person." He said sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's split up." I said, chuckling.

He nodded and as we were about to split up, he stopped me.

"Wait, I never got your name," he said. "I'm Miguel."

"Oh- I'm Y/N."

He smiled and ran off to go ask some people as did I.

After about 10 minutes we met up and said to each other that we had no luck.

He mumbled something then immediately started running towards the gravestones.

"Miguel! Wait for me!" I said following him.

He led me to Ernesto's shrine thing (idk what it's called lololol) and when I got there, he was already on the window.

"Miguel," I whisper-yelled. "What the heck are you doing?! Stealing on The Day of the Dead?!"

"N-No!" He jumped down, pulled a picture out of his pocket and showed it to me. "Ernesto, h-he's my great, great grandfather!"

I saw the guitar, and as I was about to scream he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Mmmph!"

"If I move my hand, you have to promise not to freak out." I nodded and he removed his hand.

"He's my great great grandfather. I'm sure he wouldn't mind!" He said, hopping back into the window.

Just then the ear piercing fireworks began to sound and he broke the window open, in sync with one of the fireworks.

I jumped in after him to see he has already jumped into the platform.

"Miguel, I'm not so sure about this.."

"Don't worry! If we get caught, I'll take the blame."

I nodded as he jumped off the platform, with guitar in hand.

I was admiring the guitar as I heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Uhhh, Miguel?" I said clentching to the back of his jacket.

Just then he strumed the guitar, and a pool of flowers basically flew around us and someone busted through the door.

"Whose there?! Show yourself!"

"I-I'm sorry! It wasn't her I-" he was cut off as the guard walked right through him.

We exchanged horrified expressions and ran through the door.

This was going to be a looooong night.

••••

Wassup?!

Thank you for 0.2k reads!! Really means a lot to me. 💘

Word Count: 627

ANYWAYS, REMEMBER KIDS, VITAMINS AREN'T REAL THEY'RE JUST SOMETHING OUR PARENTS TOLDS US BYEEEEE