41~ Truthfully.

ZAYN'S POV

Turns out, our parents had found out about us sneaking to the club with black tickets thanks to Harry--which we later found out was an over 18 club-- and grounded us all. Of course I could always sneak out because Dad worked long hours, but I didn't.

Looks like I was more antisocial than I thought. But the guys were also grounded, so we couldn't hang out.

And speaking of that day, it had been a week since I'd met Niall Horan at the rooftop of that club, and a week since we had kissed. And whenever I replay that kiss in my head, I get a weird fluttery feeling in my stomach. And I've read enough of those teen fictions to know what that means. God.

But I have no idea what is it about Niall... we don't have much in common, yet when I'm around him, I somehow feel calm, I want to tell him everything that's on my mind. And the best part? He actually listens.

Niall and I had exhanged numbers that night, and texted everyday since then. And that was why I wasn't minding being grounded that much. When I told Niall I was grounded, he made fun of me for being grounded like a little kid.

Pssh, stupid older guy.

And I would be lying if I didn't smile like a retard whenever he texted me. We never ever ran out of things to talk about, even when we don't have that much common interests.

Our parents thankfully let us off easy, and today the sentence ended. And so Niall told me he was going to pick me up after school to take me somewhere, and I was anticipating that more than anything. I was going to see him again after more than a week.

Wow, I sound like a love struck teenage girl-- uh, boy.

• • •

It was just two minutes till the last period bell rung, and the stupid clock hands seemed to be frozen. I anxiously kept glancing at the huge clock over the teacher's head, tapping my pencil.

"Made plans already?" Louis, who was sitting next to me, asked in amusement while cocking an eyebrow.

"Huh?"

"Looks like you gotta be somewhere," he observed, and I blushed. I hadn't told my friends about Niall yet, not even Liam. And I had no idea why. Maybe I was scared of how they would react? Why does that even matter to me?

The bell rung and I bolted out of my seat, heading to the entrance of the class but a tug on my hoodie yanked me back.

"Where to?" Liam chuckled, as Louis and Harry got up from their desks.

Well, now's the time to tell 'em I guess. "I'm meeting a guy after school," I said, and blushed when the guys hooted as we walked out of class.

"Not like that! He's a friend!" I clarified, hiking my backpack up my shoulder. "I'd met him a week ago in front of my house, but he'd mistaken me for the previous owner of the house," I explained and Liam's eyebrows raised in realisation as he caught on.

"And then I coincidentally ran into him when I'd went up to the rooftop to escape the crowd at the club, and we'd talked and I'd kissed him and- yeah," I rolled my eyes at the identical smirks on my friend's faces.

"So you're meeting your boyfriend," Harry concluded, passing an arm around Louis' shoulders who grinned, and unconsciously leaned against him.

"N-no!" I laughed, pushing Harry playfully. "Now can I go?"

"Please," Liam said grandly while holding in his laugh and I rolled my eyes yet again, waving the guys goodbye as I fastened my pace and made a turn put of the building. I pulled my phone out and texted Niall asking where he was, who replied seconds later, telling me to look ahead.