16~ Enemy.

ZAYN'S POV

Now, to say I was stressed would be an understatement. I had to juggle the extra basketball practice sessions with my ghost counselling times these days, and to say I was fucking exhausted would be another understatement.

And add to that Niall and his awkward behavior ever since he had kissed me for no fucking reason, you get a frazzled and done-with-life Zayn.

And the weirdest thing ever, was that everyone else knew I was in a relationship with Justin now, except me. I couldn't even remember it. When had he asked me? How? Was this a joke?

And some people were asking about Perrie and I's supposed relationship. I mean, seriously? Haven't they ever heard of friends with benefits?

I hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Justin lately as he had disappeared for a few days, but I finally saw him today. And I'm going to talk to him, as soon as he comes into today's practice.

At the last period, I made my way to the locker rooms, changing out of my casual clothes, and into my uniform. I stuffed my clothes back in my locker, slamming it shut. The bang echoed off the walls of the suddenly empty locker room.

"Zayn!" Niall's voice called out from behind me, and I turned around with a start, hand on my heart.

"Fuck, how many times have I told you not to do that!"

"Yeah," Niall frowned distractedly. "Listen Zayn. Please, don't talk to Justin. I'm saying this for your own good. He's just playing with you-"

"How can you be so sure?" I cut him off, irritated. He's been telling me this in every session of his.

"I just am, alright?! I care about you Zayn, and I'm telling you. Justin is the enemy here," Niall stressed on enemy, boring his eyes into mine.

I snorted. "Why do you think that? He's a genuinely nice guy. He's-"

"He's fucking putting that in your head! He's not human, Zayn! He's using you to misguide me, 'cos he-"

"Zayn, you in here?" Justin popped his head in the locker room, his eyes darkening when he took in the scene.

"Well, we meet again, Blondie," Justin smirked at a seething Niall, walking inside the locker room, already in his uniform.

"You just had to pop in right now, eh?" Niall spat at Justin, his blue eyes blazing with anger. Justin boredly glanced at Niall, then turned his attention to me.

"Zayn, babe. I can't believe we haven't talked for so long. You're so busy these days," Justin pouted, walking closer to me, and I stepped back. What the hell? Babe?

"Um, Justin? Why are you acting like my boyfriend? Is this some joke going on?"

Justin's eyes widened in shock, and he immediately snapped his eyes to Niall, who was smirking at him.

"Okay, what's going on?" I questioned.

Both boys ignored me, continuing their glaring match. I groaned and patted Justin's shoulder. "I'm going to the court. When you're done with your staring match, meet me there."

Justin snapped out of it, looking back at me. "Right, right. We need to talk. Let's go then, shall we?" Justin placed a hand on the small of my back, pushing me outside the locker room, and into the empty corridor, making our way to the gym.

"Zayn! Don't forget what I said!" Niall called out from behind us, and Justin just snorted, fastening our pace. Then he suddenly pulled me inside a closet, and I squeaked in shock.

"And now we talk."

I took a deep breath. "Okay, what the hell, Justin? What was Niall on about? And why are you acting like my boyfriend?"

"I asked you a day before yesterday, babe. You then fell, and hit your head." Justin told me with a shrug, and I had a hard time believing him.

"I don't think that happened. Why don't I have a bump on my head then?" I reasoned, crossing my arms in the small space of the closet.

"Zayn," Justin growled, grabbing my shoulders, locking his eyes with mine. I flinched when I noticed they were coal black, instead of light brown. I felt that unpleasant light-headed sensation again.

"Um, yeah. I hit my head," I mumbled. I had hit my head during practice, I think? That's why I don't remember Justin asking me out...

"Oh, you finally remembered!" Justin cheered, pulling me in for a kiss. I pulled back, dazed.

"Y-yeah," I smiled. How could I forget that Justin was my boyfriend?

~*~

JUSTIN'S POV

That blonde ghost is way smarter than I thought! He actually found a way to reverse my freaking hypnotic effect. The ability which had taken me years to perfect.

I know I'm getting distracted from my original task. The task, that is to take Niall's detached soul to Zamian, 'cos his sales have been pretty slow lately. And yeah. That's my original task, Zayn is just a ploy to get to Zayn. Niall can't make a connection with Zayn, that will throw all of my plans out of balance. And of course, that's what my sister, Molly, wants to happen.

So of course, that will not fucking happen.

But still... I can't help but be distracted. Zayn is one attractive motherfucker. And I don't think it'll matter much if I spend some extra time here on earth. Zamian can wait. He hasn't bothered me lately. Much.

~*~

**Zamian is the dark angel, Justin's boss who took him under his wing when Castiel kicked him out of heaven for rebelling and using his powers unfairly!

NIALL TRY HARDER TELL ZAYN ALREADY BEFORE JUSTIN DOES SOMETHING!

Oh, hey! Question, guys! How would you like if I did a Character Asks chappie? Would you guys participate by sending in some questions? Tell me if you will and I'll post the details in the next update. ^_^

2100 VOTES OH FUCKERDOODLES TAKE THE WHEEL

Sorry for the super late update. EXAMS SUCK. And they suck even more when they get scheduled in your winter break. :(

Merp.

~bemycupcake <3